Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: me vs 06 gto

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

me vs 06 gto

well at the track this weekend i got up against an '06 impluse blue gto m6 with a corsa sport cat-back. i got a decent launch still spun thru 1st and in 2nd and chirped 3rd. i won by about 1.5-2 cars on him, guy was cool as hell said he'd give away his goat to have a z28 again. first run i've ever done against an ls2. there was also a '06 zo6 out there with borla cat-back, cammed, and spray and i'm sure he had other stuff. he said he was part of ricekiller.com, yellow on black wheels with srteet tires running mid 6's

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

yo man.. you beat him worse than that it was about 2.5-3 cars.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    well at the track this weekend i got up against an '06 impluse blue gto m6 with a corsa sport cat-back. i got a decent launch still spun thru 1st and in 2nd and chirped 3rd. i won by about 1.5-2 cars on him, guy was cool as hell said he'd give away his goat to have a z28 again. first run i've ever done against an ls2. there was also a '06 zo6 out there with borla cat-back, cammed, and spray and i'm sure he had other stuff. he said he was part of ricekiller.com, yellow on black wheels with srteet tires running mid 6's
    6's in the qaurter mile? with street tires?

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

ya bro ricekiller is from this area... you interested in meeting up with a few of us from the area on this forum at the track... we are hitting up northstar here soon

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    No, thats a 1/8th time. That still equates to a mid 10 second pass. On street tires that crazy....
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    No, thats a 1/8th time. That still equates to a mid 10 second pass. On street tires that crazy....
    I see, so a C6 Z with NOS and a cam, only runs a mid 10 quarter?
    I thought they could do a low to mid 11 in the stock form?

With those kind of mods, I would expect 9's, especially with the Engine starting at 500 horse and weighing 3100 pounds.

But a 10 sec qaurter is still awesome.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    ya bro ricekiller is from this area... you interested in meeting up with a few of us from the area on this forum at the track... we are hitting up northstar here soon
    yeah, thats where we were at. the guy i talked to said there was a lot of em out there. this was friday night. i'd love to meet up with ya'll but i'm moving in a couple of weeks

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

in the 1/8th mile

when he hit 2nd it he broke the tires loose with no prob

Silver

hit us up here to keep up with when we r going
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...=37510&page=75

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

He runs 10s with street tires, if he had slicks it would be a 9second car.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

I see, so a C6 Z with NOS and a cam, only runs a mid 10 quarter?
    I thought they could do a low to mid 11 in the stock form?

With those kind of mods, I would expect 9's, especially with the Engine starting at 500 horse and weighing 3100 pounds.

But a 10 sec qaurter is still awesome.
    This guy did a 10.85 with no power adders, just drag radials

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/06_Z06_DRs.html

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by patricksd View Post
    This guy did a 10.85 with no power adders, just drag radials

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/06_Z06_DRs.html
    Yes I know all about Ranger, He is wonderful, and he did do about 1000 runs before he got out of the 11's. Practice makes perfect. I wish I had more time to go to the track myself. Ranger also was the first to get a c5 Z into the 11's with only DRs. He is a pro.

But to the normal driver, the C6 z is NOT a 10 sec car, and I really get tired of people saying a stock Z will run a high 10, the fact is: it will run a mid 11 consistantly, with DRs it will run low 11's.

Silver

that was an incredible run.. that inspires me to win the lottery and buy a c6z

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

Yes I know all about Ranger, He is wonderful, and he did do about 1000 runs before he got out of the 11's. Practice makes perfect. I wish I had more time to go to the track myself. Ranger also was the first to get a c5 Z into the 11's with only DRs. He is a pro.

But to the normal driver, the C6 z is NOT a 10 sec car, and I really get tired of people saying a stock Z will run a high 10, the fact is: it will run a mid 11 consistantly, with DRs it will run low 11's.
    I've talked with Ranger before, and he's not a pro. In fact, he's a self-proclaimed amateur who practices a lot. That's what makes it awesome, because with enough practice, you can drive a stick with that degree of precision.

Thumbs up

nope not mid or low 11s. they actually run high 11s. theoretically the should run mid 11s but consistently I have seen stock or very close to stock c6 z06 run high 11s on DRs in 1/4mi Ennis TX. even mid to low 12s on street tires.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by patricksd View Post
    I've talked with Ranger before, and he's not a pro. In fact, he's a self-proclaimed amateur who practices a lot. That's what makes it awesome, because with enough practice, you can drive a stick with that degree of precision.
    I meant "Pro" as in, he is good at what he does. He makes alot of runs, and he is good. I didnt mean he races cars professionaly. Like as in a job.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    nope not mid or low 11s. they actually run high 11s. theoretically the should run mid 11s but consistently I have seen stock or very close to stock c6 z06 run high 11s on DRs in 1/4mi Ennis TX. even mid to low 12s on street tires.
    I was going of of 2 magazine test, one ran a 11.5 and one ran a 11.7

Also, every time I read about one on the net, it seems to run a mid 11 even stock with street tires, but I have to admit, I have never ran one or watched one run a qaurter mile before.

I was going of of 2 magazine test, one ran a 11.5 and one ran a 11.7

Also, every time I read about one on the net, it seems to run a mid 11 even stock with street tires, but I have to admit, I have never ran one or watched one run a qaurter mile before.
    oh yeah man, I agree, pro drivers + pro mods in the magazines... you know those magazines never do stock, they always do a suspension upgrade, tires and some small shit to make it better. I've seen some freak c6 z06 stock go mid 11s on street tire but generally speaking on the track low 12s a lot of them... but a full exhaust on one of them and DRs will nail mid-low 11s.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol are you kidding, i have seen a bone stock c6 with just drag radials run a 10.9, with headers, exhaust and a tune with drag tires run mid 10s.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Lol are you kidding, i have seen a bone stock c6 with just drag radials run a 10.9, with headers, exhaust and a tune with drag tires run mid 10s.
    and I've seen a pig fly yesterday. bone stock don't do better than mid 11s and that is on MT et streets or slicks. rumors fly everywhere with those low 11s and high 10s for stock c6 z06... it won't happen. just like I heard a guy do a 12.9 in his stock TA. it won't happen but internet rumors become reality fro some. I actually go to the track and watch those c6z06 cars do low 12s on regular basis some DRs, some mid 12s on street tires. that doesn't mean some don't pull a best high-mid 11s...

Thread Information