Thread: newbie

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Hello All,
    Thougth I might make my first posting today, as you may have noted my user id is SpurSS for two reasons first, I wouldn't say I hate Mustangs just Fords. Seems "Babe", my '01 SS loves to kick a Mustang in the ribs.
    Anyone ever heard of my "Legend of the Blue Oval". Well here it is, in his arrogance Henry Ford always claimed to produce the "world's car". You may have heard of his expression Win on Sunday Sell on Monday, to promote that he started a racing program symbolized by a blue circle to represent the Earth and his desire to dominate everyone, not just his employees.
    Well anyone who has been involved in racing for any time at all will agree that most racers don't agree on much, with which brand is better topping the list. The older racers I have meet do agree on one thing, although the Mopar boys and the GM guys claim it was them that caused it.
    Seems that back in the day, and it is still true today, the Fords were in the shop alot. Always wanting to put Fords best image forward Henry insisted that they paint his cars shortly before each race so the paint wouldn't flake or peel. All the old racers agree to this point, but here's the rub.
    When talking with the senior set both the GM and Mopar boys claim that they would pass the Fords so quickly that the blue circles would elongate into an oval. Several years later Herny just gave up and gave into to his engineers and redesigned the emblem into a oval.
    The second reason for SpurSS is that I have owned four new Camaros including my current 01SS, the stangs have to get a super charger or other form of power booster to stay up with "Babe".
    This is my first posting but I have monitored the site for a while. I live in Calvert County MD, an area rich in hot rods and beautiful country. The advice on this site and LS1tech is great. I'm thinking about spraying NOS anyone have any experience?
    Last edited by SpurSS; 03-25-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

There's several southern Md boys on EFA. Join. http://easternfbody.com/easternfbody/

Thread Information