"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar

our heat ducts are filled with water!

We had to call a plumber out to show him that our heat ducts are filled with seven to eight inches of water!The ducts are under the foundation,and prevent our furnace from transferring the heat through the water!After a 260.00 heat bill for 15 days,we are not happy.They are here now after discovering someone had placed a pump already in the furnace duct,so this problem has been going on for a while.He took a underwater snake camera and was amazed.The owner of the plumbing company just left,and they are going to try and divert the gutters,he said rainwater is the cause.I think it would take more than some diversion of some downspouts to fix this situation.The property has a big issue with ground and septic problems.When the furnace kicks on..it sounds as if a titlewave is going to come through the floor!anyone ever seen or heard of something like this?this is messed up!!!

we are currently renting,It is a three bedroom/2 car garage townhouse(building is 10 years old).

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

time to find a new place due to unfit living conditions if the landlord does not fix the problem in a timely manner (ie: ASAP).

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    time to find a new place due to unfit living conditions if the landlord does not fix the problem in a timely manner (ie: ASAP).
    I know we thought about this already..I am recovering from my back surgery and moving would really suck!!It actually is a nice place otherwise..Fireplace,hardwood floors,our back yard backs up to the woods,they allowed us to keep our two dogs(Maltese,and lab/collie mix)damn I would dread moving...our lease expires at the end of Feb...then we are on a month to month...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

well if you are that close to the end of your lease, I'd wait. Hope your back gets to feelings better and then decide what's best. albeit, the health, safety and welfare of you and your family comes first, and if living conditions are substandard, I'd be exploring all possible options. best of luck...

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    well if you are that close to the end of your lease, I'd wait. Hope your back gets to feelings better and then decide what's best. albeit, the health, safety and welfare of you and your family comes first, and if living conditions are substandard, I'd be exploring all possible options. best of luck...
    thanks...I hope everything turns for the better..I have my fingers crossed!lol...The plumber was just trying to prime the pump to get the rest of the water out..I told him it sounded dry and to make sure before he burned the pump out..well he forgot to prime the pump and voila......I smell smoke!!lol..he just toasted a five hundred dollar pump...his boss is gonna kill him...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Definitely think about your welfare. Water breeds mold, mold=bad. Pretty simple fact, and don't let it get you sick.

Impounded
    were the 3 stooges working on it?

Thread Information