which is the best and most complete EFI tuning software for GM?

I'm a local tuner, and I take a look to buy a complete tuning software for EFI GM

which is the best and most complete, for a shop, and less expensible for my customers?

-I take a look on HPtuners, seem to be for 98+ GM
    -Diablo, seem not to be tunable by me, only by the compagny
    -LT1edit? I don't find their web site, they seem to be only for 1 car, otherwise you bought the 2000$ unlimited program
    -What about tunercats?

anyother software?
    Last edited by Garrett; 07-20-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

HP Tuners covers more year/makes/models of GM vehicles than any other software on the market and comes with one of the best scanners money can buy as well.

We offer single vehicle licenses
    Year/model licenses
    & tunershop licenses.

Not to mention you can upgrade from those single to year/model or from year/model to tunershop making our licensing the most flexible on the market as well.

Add in our Real Time Tuning custom operating systems which can save you time tuning vehicles it makes our product the most complete product on the market.

-Bill
    Support for HPTuners

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would say you're looking at hptuners or efilive. I personally use hptuners and love it. When making the switch from LS1edit I basically looked at 2 things. Money and customer support. The last update I got with LS1edit was to version 1.5. That's the current version they're shipping right now. The catch is I got that update ~2 years ago.
    I can't really say much about efilive because I haven't used their editor but they have a history of having top notch stuff. That's where the money decision came in. Hptuners was just less expensive.

HPT has the best coverage for the late model stuff. If you want to do LT1, and OBD1 stuff, then Tunercat it is. Excellent editing software, but no scanner. You'll need some type of scanner to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
    HPT has the best coverage for the late model stuff. If you want to do LT1, and OBD1 stuff, then Tunercat it is. Excellent editing software, but no scanner. You'll need some type of scanner to go with it.
    and what is the utility of the scanner?

datalogging?
    OBd-2 scan tools?

Black cherry
    1973 Camaro

HPTuners is the best, the most user friendly and has NO software or harware failures. It is the best that I have ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    and what is the utility of the scanner?

datalogging?
    OBd-2 scan tools?
    You are a tuner and you're asking the utility of a scanner? HHMMM......
    You have to have some way of gathering data, communicating with the ecm/pcm, to determine what changes need to be made. You cant tune without one.
    If you want COMPLETE GM coverage, it will take mutiple forms of software, multiple interfaces, and mutiple scanners. Not to mention a chip burner/emulator for the chip cars. Its a pretty expensive endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
    You are a tuner and you're asking the utility of a scanner? HHMMM......
    You have to have some way of gathering data, communicating with the ecm/pcm, to determine what changes need to be made. You cant tune without one.
    If you want COMPLETE GM coverage, it will take mutiple forms of software, multiple interfaces, and mutiple scanners. Not to mention a chip burner/emulator for the chip cars. Its a pretty expensive endeavor.
    I don't know what the scanner is for because, on honda, I datalog everything via USB cable directly solder on the PCM board

I don't know what the scanner is for because, on honda, I datalog everything via USB cable directly solder on the PCM board
    Hondata, Krome? The datalogging portion is your scanner.
    HPTuners has an intergrated scanner. Works very similar.
    Tunercat does not. you would need a seperate scanner to use in cunjunction with the tunercat software. There are some softwares out there, that can turn you laptop inot a scanner, and then there are stand alone scanners such as OTC, snap on, vetronix, etc.

Yes I tune with Hondata and Crome Pro

Does those scanner are able to datalog the wideband 0-5V output?

Yes I tune with Hondata and Crome Pro

Does those scanner are able to datalog the wideband 0-5V output?
    I think theres a scanner software made by monodax that can link a wideband into the tunercat interface.

BLACK
    2004 Monaro

Is your serial bus OBDII compliant? You can buy just the scan tool from either vendor (HPT or EFI).

There are some things HPT does better than EFI and some things EFI does better than HPT.

Search around. Theres a comparo on ls1tech somewhere.

For the home tuner though, either will provide more than you could possibly need, as well as years of learning.

Now if you want earlier than 98, check out AEM. They have support for GM and they sell engine control modules. Over here in OZ, the most respected aftermarket ECU is Autronic.

If you are spending $2000+ just to tune a mouse block ECU, toss it and go aftermarket ECU. That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MNR-0 View Post
    Is your serial bus OBDII compliant? You can buy just the scan tool from either vendor (HPT or EFI).

There are some things HPT does better than EFI and some things EFI does better than HPT.

Search around. Theres a comparo on ls1tech somewhere.

For the home tuner though, either will provide more than you could possibly need, as well as years of learning.

Now if you want earlier than 98, check out AEM. They have support for GM and they sell engine control modules. Over here in OZ, the most respected aftermarket ECU is Autronic.

If you are spending $2000+ just to tune a mouse block ECU, toss it and go aftermarket ECU. That's my opinion.
    He sounds like hes setting up a shop to tune whatever comes in the door. I think thats why he asked about "most complete coverage". Which both HPT and EFIlive only do 97/98 and up.

Thread Information