Black
    2000 WS6

Greasy parts at Autozone

I have the inevitable power window motor failure on my 00 WS6. I check the dealer for a new one and they quote me $150 over the phone.
    So I check Autozone and they quote me $52 over the phone but they only had one. So I go down to the store at 27th Ave and Camelback in Phoenix and they have it sitting on the floor in a box next to the register, because I called and said I'd be there maybe? We then go through all the motions and I say I want to buy it and they bring me the box. I just want to look at it of course and open the box to inspect and it appears that this thing is used, it's greasy and the contacts had slide marks on them, obviously used. I point out this to the friendly girl behind the counter struggling with all this from the beginning and she says "Oh all parts come with grease on them". I say excuse me this thing is used. She calls the manager over and he looks at it and says yep it's used. He then sets it down and walks off like, don't like it don't buy it. So in my humble opinion Autozone sucks, check your parts before you walk out the door.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by andybcrazy View Post
    I have the inevitable power window motor failure on my 00 WS6. I check the dealer for a new one and they quote me $150 over the phone.
    So I check Autozone and they quote me $52 over the phone but they only had one. So I go down to the store at 27th Ave and Camelback in Phoenix and they have it sitting on the floor in a box next to the register, because I called and said I'd be there maybe? We then go through all the motions and I say I want to buy it and they bring me the box. I just want to look at it of course and open the box to inspect and it appears that this thing is used, it's greasy and the contacts had slide marks on them, obviously used. I point out this to the friendly girl behind the counter struggling with all this from the beginning and she says "Oh all parts come with grease on them". I say excuse me this thing is used. She calls the manager over and he looks at it and says yep it's used. He then sets it down and walks off like, don't like it don't buy it. So in my humble opinion Autozone sucks, check your parts before you walk out the door.

call the district manager and complain

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

wow, somebody probably bought a new one and put their shot one back in the box and returned it, now thats an idea!

Black
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    wow, somebody probably bought a new one and put their shot one back in the box and returned it, now thats an idea!
    That's what I think happened.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

autozone often takes old busted parts, "fixes them" and re-sells them. at least thats what iv'e heard. but theyre cool, they always let me use there tools when i buy a part and do a quick fix in their parking lot.

last of the breed... urstolendesire's Avatar

Red
    2002 Transam

yeah the autozone here SUX. everything i've bought there for my camaro has crapped out, the customer service there blows, and i woudlent even trust their brakes. I usually go to either napa or advanced auto. there all next to each other though so i have my choice. btw, dont get any starters from autozone, mine crapped out 3 times before i returned it and got one from advanced.

Green
    1997 ws-6

http://www.directauto.com/category-exec/category_id/
    /search_make/Pontiac/
    this site will get you a new motor. i think i paid like $35 for a new motor. i bought 2. they both work great.

Thread Information