jhoward7285

Stereo guru's thoughts on this setup

So I have blown 3 of my monsoon speakers and have finally come to the conclusion they need to be replaced. I was thinking about ripping everything out and starting from scratch cause I did that with my 3rd gen and was happy with it but recently decided I may not keep the car for much more than a year now. So I was thinking about going with the Alpine CDA-9857 as my HU (what will I need to hook this up to the stock system if this is what I went with). Then putting the Infiniti 67.2i's in the doors and sail panels as you guys have said to do before. I was just going to remove the speakers that are used for bass and add an amp and sub off the sub pre-out on the deck if possible. I was going to use the Alpine MRD-M605 to drive a Infinite Perfect 10.1 in a box in that whole on the drivers side of the hatch area. I was going to put sound deadening behind all the speakers and use a capacitor and everything on the sub amp to keep it as clean sounding as possible.

So my question is would this sound pretty good or should I just go ahead and rip it all out and do a whole system install. I'm not worried about it being super loud I just want it to sound clean.

black
    01 camaro ss

IMOP, If you are not looking for big bass go with a small 5 channel amp. Use the front's and rear's for upper mids and high's then bridge the mono to the stock subs. When I took out my 12'' subs I added a little more bass to the little stock subs and it's incredible for stock speakers. Use a clean amp. My amp is an old school soundstream rated at 25x4 and 50x1. With the gain down all the way and the volume 1/4 up it makes the speakers scream. If I was to upgrade the speakers it would be much better for now it's perfect. It's loud, clean and pretty good bass. Friends can't beleive I ain't running a sub. Plan's call for a stock speaker uppgrade and a 12'' w6v2 in a custom box with US AMPS pushing them.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Quote Originally Posted by fspeedster
    IMOP, If you are not looking for big bass go with a small 5 channel amp. Use the front's and rear's for upper mids and high's then bridge the mono to the stock subs. When I took out my 12'' subs I added a little more bass to the little stock subs and it's incredible for stock speakers. Use a clean amp. My amp is an old school soundstream rated at 25x4 and 50x1. With the gain down all the way and the volume 1/4 up it makes the speakers scream. If I was to upgrade the speakers it would be much better for now it's perfect. It's loud, clean and pretty good bass. Friends can't beleive I ain't running a sub. Plan's call for a stock speaker uppgrade and a 12'' w6v2 in a custom box with US AMPS pushing them.
    Bridge the mono? Now that would be a neat trick.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

black
    01 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by White Rascal
    Bridge the mono? Now that would be a neat trick.
    Whoops!! Sorry proffesor.

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

mmmm soundstream... I remember the days...

while we're on the subject... how the hell does everyone keep blowing their stock speakers?

they sound like shit before they blow... so you all must be playing them at extreme distortion (sounds awful,) for extended periods of time, burning up the voicecoils...

I hear people driving around like this all the time, where you can tell they are running their tiny 4x6 coaxials right off the headunit with the volume maxed out, clipping all day long...

horrible... just horrible...

jhoward7285
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker
    mmmm soundstream... I remember the days...

while we're on the subject... how the hell does everyone keep blowing their stock speakers?

they sound like shit before they blow... so you all must be playing them at extreme distortion (sounds awful,) for extended periods of time, burning up the voicecoils...

I hear people driving around like this all the time, where you can tell they are running their tiny 4x6 coaxials right off the headunit with the volume maxed out, clipping all day long...

horrible... just horrible...
    I actually don't know when they blew. I hate distorted sound so I usually don't have it up too loud. All of them I just noticed that they have started to "crackle" when playing, but it could also have something to do with the weather here. When I had my 3rd gen the sun actually made the speakers in my dash dry and crack and literally fall apart so that could be what happened to these.

Also though, know one has really said what they think of this setup besides fspeedster. Also, I have decided that I am selling the car in a few months so I may not even bother with it.

Thread Information