Thread: m5 goes down!!!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

m5 goes down!!!

friend/coworker of mine just picked up an 03 m5 a few days ago black on black, carbon colored wheels.....sweet asss ride..took me for a spin and that thing feels like it pulls soo hard and is so tight and quiet. Well we raced when leaving work.....not from a stop but turning left at a light ...he took the right lane and i gave him the opertunity to jump on it and get a head start..soon as i see him hit it i hit it about a car length back.....by the end of first i was 2 cars ahead of him then i see him drop back REAL fast.....he catchs up at the light and tells me he missed second..LOL..how do u miss second?..i was just shocked i pulled on him sooooooo freakin hard thru first......think those things run about 13 flat at 109 or somthing? its a 400 horse v8 with a 8000 rpm redline....good times!!! .ill givem another shot when he can grab second..LOL..think the results will be even more fightning for him though..hehe

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Lol

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

Your 383 shouldn't have much trouble with a M5. Now the new 500hp M5; that's another story

----
    2004 Evolution
    1997 Viper GTS
    1989 Anniv. Turbo Trans am Hardtop

pewter

nodz....i didnt think first would of equaled 3 car lengths though.....some kooks should put me near 500 crank hp....tryin to work some ot and save up the dough forem

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

3 lengths in 1st is rather excessive. Perhaps your buddy left the traction control on, or requires more aggressive rear tires

pewter

i thought so as well but traction couldnt possibly of had anything to do with it since we were from a roll.....and his car sticks MUCH better than mine as i took a ride with him earlier that day...and i had nooo traction probs...was 95 degrees out/sunny ......no mattter...i work with him and will race him many more times on the way home im sure....

Thread Information