Thread: Hello Everyone

White
    99 Trans Am WS6

Hello Everyone

I am new to this website, I just sold my 87 Grand National after 13 years and purchased a 99 trans am ws6 convertible with a automatic and was wondering what I can do to up the horespower to maybe run low 12's in the 1/4 mile but yet try and keep most of the stock look under the hood. I had alot of money in the grand national over the years and was finally able to get it to run 11:16 at 122mph on pump gas but it took alot, I have always wanted a trans am convertible so I found a car that has only 16,000 miles on it and I don't want to make the car out for all race, what are the 1st steps to gain horsepower other than a ram air kit. Thank you for listening and helping.
    mike

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Welcome to the site Mike. Long tubes/full exhaust is usually the best significant HP mods to do to the LS1.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black Cherry/Gold
    1998 Z28

^^^second that

White
    99 Trans Am WS6

Thank you everyone

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Welcome!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

full bolt ons which are listed in detail on this site. full exhaust and a tune will get you close to 400rwhp and a cam will push you over400

cant wait to get back into another t/a or camaro. I sold my 97 lt1 car several years ago and really miss it. Welcome

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Welcome to the site!!
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

White
    99 Trans Am WS6

Thanks again for all the welcomes, I have a question should I purchase the air cleaner lid, air filter and the elbow or purchase this slp flowpac kit that is on ebay? what is that metal insert that they are showing? also I don't see a vin # on the hood or fenders of the car I purchased, do they put them on these cars, I am a little concerned, I purchased a 1 owner car with 16k miles on it and did a car fax and it showed to be a 1 owner car and no accidents, car does not look like it was painted or parts replaced, everything looks original. Thanks again

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by mjs0808 View Post
    Thanks again for all the welcomes, I have a question should I purchase the air cleaner lid, air filter and the elbow or purchase this slp flowpac kit that is on ebay? what is that metal insert that they are showing? also I don't see a vin # on the hood or fenders of the car I purchased, do they put them on these cars, I am a little concerned, I purchased a 1 owner car with 16k miles on it and did a car fax and it showed to be a 1 owner car and no accidents, car does not look like it was painted or parts replaced, everything looks original. Thanks again
    Just buy a slp lid with a K&N filter. SLP recomends you DO NOT BUY the whole ram air kit with an SS or WS6 package. The Smooth bellows is a waste of money, and the Stock MAF sensor is good to 500 hp.

Thread Information