Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

So my 02 sims did nothing?

I have to pass emissions soon so I hooked up my sims and skip shift (cuz it thru a code?). The skip shift works again but still thru a code "1-4 skip shift selenoid malfunction." I literally hooked up the sims and drove to autozone. It came up with 4 codes. 2 for the rear 02's, 1 for a cat and the skip shift thing. did I buy these things for nothing? the SES light goes on and off, but will the computer eventually recognize the sims?
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

I'd try resetting the PCM manually to clear anything stored in history. Or just put some miles on it, depending on the codes thrown it might need to see "X" amount of cycles without a failure before turning the MIL off.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    I'd try resetting the PCM manually to clear anything stored in history. Or just put some miles on it, depending on the codes thrown it might need to see "X" amount of cycles without a failure before turning the MIL off.
    What is the MIL?
    I'm just gonna have to go with it for now. At least if I fail emissions, i'll have another month to mess around with it.

MIL is just another term for the SES light. Might be OK with just some more drive cycles. I looked up P0420/P0430 for bad cats as an example and it says the SES won't go off until after 3 consecutive ignition cycles the diagnostic runs w/o a failure, and then stays in history for 40 consecutive warm up cycles. You can also try www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html since you're up for inspection. So glad we don't have emissions in Florida.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

sadly sims rip everyone off ...like moi.....i got pissed...i can't believe i still bought after the price rise....and got ripped off! argh!...NOONE SHOULD BUY SIMS...INVEST IN A TUNE

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I just got back from emissions. I passed with flying colors. I'm gonna get the car tuned and sell the sims soon tho

Thread Information