Thread: Argh!

Black
    98 T/A

Argh!

Sold a set of gauges to a person on this site, he used Paypal. Got payment, cleared on the 11th of December (documented), shipped them out Saturday morning the 16th USPS 2:30 am. I sent them out priority mail 2 day and informed him of same.

He still has not recieved his gauges.

Is it me or is it that during Christmas, the USPS and shipping in general is a PITA where nobody gets their package in or on time.

Try to be a responsible, nice guy and you recieve scathing threats due to circumstance out of your control.

Did I do anything wrong here?

Black
    2001 Trans-AM WS6

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. Shipping is hell this close to Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't receive them until next week after X-mas.

Black
    98 T/A

I explained to the buyer my work schedule via PM and advised that I work 8-4 and was having difficulty shipping them after the 11th. (Tuesday-Friday) due to very long lines and how long I was available to ship due to my job. I spent 4 days, roughly just over 2 hours waiting in lines to ship these to him, but yet it was not good enough.

Went out of my way on a Saturday morning, 2:30 am at the only 24 hour main post office in the county to ship his pakage. Again, waited 25 minutes to ship.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Does he realize that it is x-mas? Holy shit have some patience.

Black
    98 T/A

Tell him that...

Totally F-'d my perception of decency.

Done with Paypal and shipping anything half of what "I" paid for a gauge cluster.

Not a dealer or collector, just trying to help someone in need bit me is the ass. Like I need the hassle over $35 and a FULL refund including shipping if the gauges were not as expected.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I ordered studs for my snowmobile it only took 1 day UPS normal shipping plus other mail, I think it is just as fast. I have not seen a slowing.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee1967 View Post
    Sold a set of gauges to a person on this site, he used Paypal. Got payment, cleared on the 11th of December (documented), shipped them out Saturday morning the 16th USPS 2:30 am. I sent them out priority mail 2 day and informed him of same.

He still has not recieved his gauges.

Is it me or is it that during Christmas, the USPS and shipping in general is a PITA where nobody gets their package in or on time.

Try to be a responsible, nice guy and you recieve scathing threats due to circumstance out of your control.

Did I do anything wrong here?
    Don't even worry about it...You go above and beyond to make things work,and you always end up being the one shafted.That even adds insult to injury,thats not even your fault!!!I was shafted 80.00,on a transaction that I spent over to insure that the item did not get damaged.He told me that he would split the difference and paypal to my account..That was a month ago..I'm done holding my breath.It's people like this,that ruin it for good people like ourselves...pisses me off..but I'm in too good of mood today to stir shit back up...

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker View Post
    Don't even worry about it...You go above and beyond to make things work,and you always end up being the one shafted..
    haha that's the story of my life. that's why i never go above and beyond anymore, on anything in life, except that has to do with friends and family.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Contact UPS and get a status. They have to track all the shipments.

And even if it is Christmas season, you paid for two day delivery, they HAVE to provided it.
    Last edited by joerockhead; 12-22-2006 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Spelling sucks

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

My wife always reminds me when I put myself in situations... "No good deed goes unpunished".
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Not that usps tracking #s are worth a shit, but they provide proof in situations like this.

Black
    98 T/A

He got it yesterday..After calling me a liar, threatening to post his gripe here and a HUGE headache.

I offered the gauges to him with a full return price if not happy. He is unhappy that the gauges read 52k miles and not 70k ish.

He now wants to return them.

After all the BS I just went through, I guess I have to offer him his refund.

And the package was mailed on the 16th as I told him..I wouldn't make an issue of this, just that you try and do the right thing, you get the shaft.

black black black
    77 swb

that is fucked up...check this out

I wanted to buy a sheetmetal part for my cutlass of of ROP.com
    Guy offered it to me for 100 bucks delivered to my door as he is coming here next month. I took a couple of extra weeks off of work before starting my new job on the first of the year so I offered to trade him a dashpad or a steering wheel I have that are in very good shape. I also wanted another sheetmetal piece that would just make my life easier even though I can make the parts......well, he cut it out before knowing how much I need and it is worthless to me. If he could have done it right I would have made the trade even though I knew I wouldn't get value for value.

A dash like mine was at 227 and still going on ebay and the olds sport wheels go for at least a hundred if not 150 plus.

So I find out that he couldn't get the one part I needed and asked him if he still thought I should trade him both pieces for one. He replied, YEP, that is the deal and you don't have to pay shipping anyway.

I am like WTF? I was trying to do a fair deal between two Olds guys and he wants to screw me over. Like shipping would be 300 dollars from California to Vegas on a 4 long by 6 inch wide piece of metal?

Why people feel the need to get over on another enthusiast is beyond me.

I seriously want to start a non profit parts business where a committee or something decides fair value on collector parts. Barrett Jackson has really screwed us all, nor directly but people think their junk is gold now.

black black black
    77 swb

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee1967 View Post
    He got it yesterday..After calling me a liar, threatening to post his gripe here and a HUGE headache.

I offered the gauges to him with a full return price if not happy. He is unhappy that the gauges read 52k miles and not 70k ish.

He now wants to return them.

After all the BS I just went through, I guess I have to offer him his refund.

And the package was mailed on the 16th as I told him..I wouldn't make an issue of this, just that you try and do the right thing, you get the shaft.

Oh yeah, offer the guy his refund plus 20 bucks if he can win a poll asking if he deserves a refund...me thinks he would lose

Thread Information