iTrader

WTB: 98-02 M6 LS-1 Firebird or Z-28 for under $5000 for race car!

I am looking for a car cheap to turn into an American Iron car. It does not need to be pretty or fancy. In fact, I don't want T-tops or loaded TA's or any special editions. I am going to gut the car and get it as light as I can, so interior is also not a concern. I need your help. I sold my Vette, and have a 94 Mustang sitting in the garage that I cannot stomach having to race. Please!!! help me stay an LS-1 racer, and show up these mustang guys.

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    98 Z28 M6

98-02 LS1 for under 5000? have fun and gl with that. the best i have found is 7000 with a salvage other then that your looking around 8 with over 100k miles
    just my .02 though, who knows maybe youll prove me wrong

iTrader
    2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by ledfoot2 View Post
    I am looking for a car cheap to turn into an American Iron car. It does not need to be pretty or fancy. In fact, I don't want T-tops or loaded TA's or any special editions. I am going to gut the car and get it as light as I can, so interior is also not a concern. I need your help. I sold my Vette, and have a 94 Mustang sitting in the garage that I cannot stomach having to race. Please!!! help me stay an LS-1 racer, and show up these mustang guys.
    Put that 5k into that 5.0 and you will be faster than new Z06's

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Put that 5k into that 5.0 and you will be faster than new Z06's
    Not on a road course. 5k into an engine, trans, suspension will not get you too far.

I am looking for a car that might have some body damage, a salvage title or something like that. I know I won't find a cherry ride for 5k.

iTrader
    2002 TA

If money is spent correcly 5k can go a long ways. The stock T-5 can handle a decent amount, 2500-3k into the engine, used supercahrger with a safe tune and some supporting mods, 2k-2500 should get the suspension done.

iTrader
    Take a look at some top American Iron cars from NASA, not to argue but they are a lot different from a what you describe.

iTrader
    2002 TA

Well no offense but I don't really see how buying something wrecked even if it has 80 more hp is something better to build a car you speak of. With something with damage or wrecked (which is the only kind of LS1 you're getting for 5k) that isn't really a great platform to build an American Iron Car that You speak of.

iTrader

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Good luck, but I would like to see it when your are done

Hey, good luck. I tried this a few years ago. They are worth much more parting them out, but it's a pain in the *#&@.

I know where there is a real nice 98 (maybe 99) in Kansas City area, he has an iron block 6L with forged bottom end, forged rods and pistons, LSX intake, Nitrous, headers, cage, and all ready to race. He lost interest because he has a new crotch rocket. IT is really nice and he wants $20K. He has far far more then that in it. It really sounds awesome, he brought it to one of our last summer car shows we have monthly.

I suspect it will run low 10s now, and can easily get into the 9s with some tuning. Not sure though. I know the engine was built by pros.

Let me know if you have any interest and I will try and put you in contact wtih Nate.

iTrader

silver
    1998 gtp

bring me $5k this weekend and ill give you mine.. 98 formula ls-1 auto. ran 13.40's the day it turned 191k miles, has about 193k on it now. only probaly is it has t-tops. silver with black leather.. posted on here clean title and everything check it out and give me a call 313-721-0184.. Anthony

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeding84gmc View Post
    bring me $5k this weekend and ill give you mine.. 98 formula ls-1 auto. ran 13.40's the day it turned 191k miles, has about 193k on it now. only probaly is it has t-tops. silver with black leather.. posted on here clean title and everything check it out and give me a call 313-721-0184.. Anthony
    Thanks for the offer, but I need a 6 speed. Sounds like a good deal for someone though.

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar
    iTrader

white
    97 SS

Sounds like nobody has a clue what American Iron/ Mustang Camaro Challenge. Its like, Road Racing. Duh.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby97SS View Post
    Sounds like nobody has a clue what American Iron/ Mustang Camaro Challenge. Its like, Road Racing. Duh.
    Yep, not a lot of road racers here. Too bad, I am looking for the cheapest F-body that was made too. I guess I will just have to keep building this Rustang.

Thread Information