Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

None
    None

Exclamation New Trans Am 2007 ???

RED
    Commodore VX SS

I believe that is the camaro concept car with some pretty good photoshop work on it.

Red
    '02 WS6

love it but it aint gonna be made by Pontiac. They figure they have enough peformance cars in the stable.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

That is from a magazine I read (can't remember which one) they were toying around with the idea of bringing back our beloved 'Bird and what it would look like, based off of the new Camaro. It isn't for real....one could only wish...especially with the whole Bandit theme. That would be incredible.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Pewter
    2000 WS.6 T/A

heres the deal..

The camaro IS coming back- they've already made a driveable version that has appeared at the Detroit/LA auto shows- I saw it in LA... along with the Challenger concept.. which i don't know if that one was driveable...

anyways... when they put out the camaro in 67 what happened..? shortly after in 69 the introduced the firebird and trans am-

From what I hear, and what seems feasible(sp?) if the camaro sells like hot cakes which im sure it will as long as they dont fock the price up- the trans am will come sometime after that- I mean really, why wouldn't they - you know GM loves the trans am, if they didnt they wouldnt have made one in the first place.. GM may make some poor moves at times, but they always seem to come back with something sicker than before- Ford has a jump start with the retro styled stang, and the new shelby and cobra are some high HP machines.. but that camaro if they stay true to the plan, should be around 450 hp.. can you imagine.. thats a hell of a baseline if your gonna mod it..

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by WS.SICK View Post
    heres the deal

anyways... when they put out the camaro in 67 what happened..? shortly after in 69 the introduced the firebird and trans am-

The Firebird was introduced in 67........ about 6 months behind the Camaro....... Trans Am came in 69...

ban-one
    the base should be in the 300's the premium is said to be 450

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by amgv8400 View Post
    No.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by WS.SICK View Post
    heres the deal..

... along with the Challenger concept.. which i don't know if that one was driveable...
    Yep, that Challenger concept was driveable, Hot Rod had a "road test" on it a few months back.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Black
    2001 Trans Am

No 07 or 08

So far, everything I have read says that there are no plans to use the Camaro as a template for an upcoming TA. I think that is totally stupid, the hard engineering is already done.

sc

Quote Originally Posted by amgv8400 View Post
    GM officially announced that the FIREBIRD IS NOT COMING BACK IN 2009 someone needs to sticky that announcement on this website somewhere to end the what if's that aint gonna happen

Black
    2002 Trans am ws6

They also said the Camaro was dead for good five years ago. Things change, I think the firebird could come back.

Pewter
    2000 WS.6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by JustinB60 View Post
    GM officially announced that the FIREBIRD IS NOT COMING BACK IN 2009 someone needs to sticky that announcement on this website somewhere to end the what if's that aint gonna happen
    maybe not in 2009 but unless you're a GM exec, there really isn't any way you can say it won't be back.. maybe they won't, but if they are going to bring the camaro back, it seems a possiblity- you know- it could happen

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    it won't happen!!!

BlacK
    2001 WS6

We could boycott GM until they bring it back

But then we would all have to drive......I can't even bring myself to say it.
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 01-23-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Awaiting Activation

House of Kolors Blue
    1989 Ford Mustang(Drag)

you must mean a "mustang"

Well, truth be told, I have owned both Chevy's,Pontiac's,Ford's And about everything else. Yes, I own a street/strip mustang(High 8's in 1/4) that will be going bye,bye to denmark in feb. I have always liked the 93 and up WS6 trans-am. My Future wife loves the new Camaro and I must say it is a pretty sweet deal If they can keep the damn price down. That is one reason that I probally will not be looking at a new shelby(crazy price).

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I like the new Camaro alot, the rear is killer, it's the front of the car that's just not doing it for me, they should follow Ford and Dodge's lead, if your gonna go retro...then go retro, the front just doesn't look 69' enough to me.

They did that, I really don't think I would be able to resist, but I'm not givin up My T/A

Oh and I was thinkin ricers...not Stangs in the above post...personally, I've got nuthin against Stangs at all. American muscle is American muscle.

Think the new ones look totally bad ass, and you have to hand it to Ford for being wise enough to recognize and bring on the retro Stang, if they hadn't this thread wouldn't exist, and there would be no new Camaro, possible Firebird, or new Challenger for anyone to discuss.

Now if the Camaro is a hit maybe they'll give the vette some sexy curves, ala retro.
    Photoshop that anyone???

I know this is an LS1 forum but I have to ask...did anyone see that the Challenger is going to be available with 540HP HEMI with a high rise manifold topped off with a Holley 870cfm carb???

I can't believe I've lived to see the revival of the muscle car wars...bring it!!!
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 01-24-2007 at 10:55 PM.

Awaiting Activation

House of Kolors Blue
    1989 Ford Mustang(Drag)

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    I like the new Camaro alot, the rear is killer, it's the front of the car that's just not doing it for me, they should follow Ford and Dodge's lead, if your gonna go retro...then go retro, the front just doesn't look 69' enough to me.

They did that, I really don't think I would be able to resist, but I'm not givin up My T/A

Oh and I was thinkin ricers...not Stangs in the above post...personally, I've got nuthin against Stangs at all. American muscle is American muscle.

Think the new ones look totally bad ass, and you have to hand it to Ford for being wise enough to recognize and bring on the retro Stang, if they hadn't this thread wouldn't exist, and there would be no new Camaro, possible Firebird, or new Challenger for anyone to discuss.

Now if the Camaro is a hit maybe they'll give the vette some sexy curves, ala retro.
    Photoshop that anyone???

I know this is an LS1 forum but I have to ask...did anyone see that the Challenger is going to be available with 540HP HEMI with a high rise manifold topped off with a Holley 870cfm carb???

I can't believe I've lived to see the revival of the muscle car wars...bring it!!!
    It's a great thing ins't it?

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2mchtoy View Post
    It's a great thing ins't it?
    Absolutely, I think about it every...single...day...then I sorta get bummed we gotta wait so long, but then I think, hey, we want them to get it right. Right?

I just don't want some political pussies somewhere screwin it up for us. Remember the whole reason they are able to give us this horsepower today is because the advances they've made in pollution control technology, have allowed them to get around the pollution control laws. But...dare I say it...if they made a law restricting horsepower or one which says a car must get a certain MPG...we'd all have to move to Germany.

And believe me, I would be taking German language lessons.
    That would be the only thing uncle Sam could ever do to make me show 'em my tail lights, but show 'em I would.

Thread Information