Thread: Flow Pac SLP

green
    99 camaro

Talking Flow Pac SLP

its gona be at my house 2morow and i cant wait to put it on..my car is all stock..with that package should i notice any difference and about how much hp/tq will i be getting??? ne1 did this mode before???let me know thanx

dmnall
    When I had my 02 Z28, I bought the SLP Cold Aid Induction, SLP Lid (off a member of camaroz28.com forums) and then I picked up a k&n filter. The install took about 2.5 hours because the Condensor shroud (which you cut for the induction) was such a pita to remove. The cutting was not hard at all, I just used a dremel and some shears. I will say that, you will notice an increase in throttle response and when you are going to pass someone. I am not too sure on HP but you will get a sotp feel. The only thing I did not buy was the Smooth Bellows as I have heard that is mainly a visual mod. I ran stock induction for a year with my only mod at the time was Dynomouth and the car really woke up when I added the Lid, filter and cold air induction kit. My Z28 was an A4 with 2.73 gears and it was too easy to burn the rear tires even from a roll. With the CAI, you will not see any gains on the dyno, however, when you are driving you will definitely feel it.

Charlie

green
    99 camaro

hey thanx Charlie...i cant wait until i get of work and go home 2 install it yes yes

dmnall
    No problem, I know you will love it. I just wish for the gto I could get a similar set up and the car will be even more fun. I wanna hear how your car is with the Flopac because even people who rode in my Z28 when I had it, definitely could feel the gains just from the lid, filter and cai.

Charlie

green
    99 camaro

hey jus got done doing everything and finally took it out for a test drive...man at higher rpm i can totaly feel the difference..above 3k rpm the car goes..didnt expect it to be that big of a difference but it is especially on the freeway..loving it but too much dam traffic..lol..car sound the same at idle but once rpm starts to rise above2500 rpm i can hear it sucking in air..good bang for the buck..got the flow pac on ebay for 280 shipped

dmnall
    That is a good deal, I knew you would like that mod package.

Charlie

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

ive got a larger diameter y pipe that would compliment that flopac you just purchased. pm me if intrested. if not then happy modding and enjoy the never ending battel to be faster

Sk8d85
    I have an 01 SS and was wondering if it is possible to put cold air intake along with the slp lid, bellow and k&n filter would be worth it. Also i have the SS hood which runs air into the filter. Can i put CAI on my car? thanks.

Thread Information