NBM
    1999 SS

Smoking @ WOT only Help!

I have a '99 SS. Low mileage car, right at 28k. I am the second owner and have receipts to all the work done on the car by the previous owner. Car is from Houston, TX and all work was done at MTI in 1999. Has heads & cam, MAC headers, Borla catback, MTI Lid, LS6 intake, ported TB, etc. I bought the car about a year ago and whenever I am hard on the throttle at 4500 or above I see a good amount of what appears to be blue smoke(oil) shooting out the back. I thought that this was being caused by the PCV system and tried a catch can at first, but oil was still getting to the intake. So recently I got a valve cover breather and plugged the vaccuum port st the manifold. So essentially did a PCV delete. She is still smoking. With all the oil I cleaned out the intake after doing this, I thought for sure this would take care of it. Performance does not seem to be affected, just wondering where this would come from, other than piston rings, but has such low mileage and only smokes @ WOT. Doesn't use much oil at all in between oil changes either. Bout a half a quart. I haven't had it tuned yet for the higher elevation and less humidity of where the car is now, but could it really be causing my smoke issue? Just looking for some help and suggestons. Thanx.

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

all ur gaskets good? sounds like a bad oil leak

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

might be going over rich in the upper rpms.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information