Thread: Bad Lid?

N/A
    99 Z28

Bad Lid?

I jus ordered a SLP Lid and I put it on the car and noticed on the sides it wasnt even touching the plastic to make a good seal. So I took off the whole intake assembly and tried to get it to seal while it is off the car and I still cant get it to seal. If you press down on one side to get it to touch the botttom the other side will just come up? any one else have this problem? is this normal?

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I've heard some people have fitment issues with some lids. I personally don't have an LS1, so I couldn't give specifics. But I've heard that SLP's lids should have a better seal than some of the other companies. I'd e-mail or call whoever you got it from and try to exchange it. Most places will try and make it right.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I have a SLP lid and it just snaps right into place. There are two plastic tabs in the back that slide under the clips and just clip the lid in the front and that's it. Try out a different lid like a whisper or something.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Do you have it on all the way? The front of the lid should be inside of the air box's lip. The SLP lid does have a very tight fit...a lot tighter then the granatelli lid I had before I bought the SLP lid. I can't remember if the lid came with a foam seal or not...but the k&n filters come with one.

Do you have the fast toys ram air or the slp version? When I put the FTRA in i started to have some fitment issues as well.

N/A
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Do you have it on all the way? The front of the lid should be inside of the air box's lip. The SLP lid does have a very tight fit...a lot tighter then the granatelli lid I had before I bought the SLP lid. I can't remember if the lid came with a foam seal or not...but the k&n filters come with one.

Do you have the fast toys ram air or the slp version? When I put the FTRA in i started to have some fitment issues as well.
    mine fits nowhere near like that. I got the SLP filter also if that helps but I put the lid on as it is supposed to but it seems that either the lid is uneven or the oval where the maf goes into is rubbing and not letting it seal properly becuase when I took it off there were scrape marks as if the lid cant sit flush becuase of the plastic that sits under the Maf is stopping it. I'm kind of stumped tho becuase I can get it to fit flush but as soon as i let go the the sides come right back up. I also have done the FRA.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

You can always remove the tray inside of the lower airbox assembly. That's worked in the past.

N/A
    99 Z28

yea I tried that still not a sealed fit.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Weird, I would see if one of your friends lids fit. If it does I think I would return it for defective product.

N/A
    99 Z28

yea I have the blackwing filter with tray I was told to take the tray out but still not good fit. Im going to try to get another lid around town here. Also if the lid seals on the filter but on on the bottom of the air box will unfiltered air still get in? becuase if its sealed to the filter no unfiltered air should get in?
    Last edited by LS-One; 06-29-2007 at 11:40 AM.

10's N/A

Probably just a defected one. I'd take it back and exchange for a new if I were you.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Do the clips clamp down all the way?

N/A
    99 Z28

yea they do

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

My MTI lid has issues as well but its such a small area I doubt anything can get in.

Thread Information