Thread: Hell Yeah!!!!

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Hell Yeah!!!!

This thread is my final update thread. I wanted to start it to thank everyone who helped me along this long and painful process. Next time I dont think I will have any problems at all, I honestly believe I just about everything possible and ran into 10 times the problems that I should have but it was an AWESOME learning experience and I would reccommend doing your own heads cam swap to anyone that has there own available space.

Anyways for the actual update, after a good 3-4 attempts of trying to crank it for about 45 seconds each time she finally fired up and scared the hell out of me. The starter was wired wrong and transmission shift cable was not adjusted properly and that has been my main issue for the last week but all is now well. As expected it ran like absolute shit. It would not stay running and it would only start at WOT and it was impossible to get it in gear and keep it running. After trying a few things and letting it try and work itself out I called my freind and had him bring my Diablo tuner over so I could at least put everything back to stock and try it that why. My tune settings were still wierd to make it run right after I blew it up. After the stock tuning was installed the car would not even start. It would crank for about a half second and die. After I got to thinking for a few minutes I realized that when my freind originally bought this tuner it came with a tune for him to install his 1.8 roller rockers without an issue. I tried that and it runs and idles just fine on that tune. It must have compensated for some of the added valve lift. Now dont get me wrong, by running fine I mean it runs like absolute shit but it will get me from point a to point b like for instance I can now drive it to get it tuned instead of wasting money to have it towed. Anyways now it is twice as loud and obnoxious as it previously was and I LOVE it. she dont run like it yet but she really does sound like it belongs at the track now.

Well I also want to give a special thanks to Mrr23 and Orion, yall were a big help throughout my install and I greatly appreciate having people like you I can come to instead of beating in my windshield with frustration. Oh and thanks to you also DJ for cracking that whip, I was honestly about ready to give up on it.

Black
    2000 Firehawk

about time you got it running.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Nice. Took it on a test run yet? Cant wait till I get mine all Ironed out as well. What size cam and how loud is the cam chatter?

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Glad 2 hear everything is workin 4 ya man!!! See you should never give up on our rides cuz they'll never let us down!!! have faith in em!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

glad it's up and running. glad to help out. thats what we are here for.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    Glad 2 hear everything is workin 4 ya man!!! See you should never give up on our rides cuz they'll never let us down!!! have faith in em!
    its not the ride I ever doubted, it was my ability to put it back together. This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Its been down hundreds of track runs, most spraying nitrous and it has never let me down

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Nice. Took it on a test run yet? Cant wait till I get mine all Ironed out as well. What size cam and how loud is the cam chatter?
    I drove it but I didnt beat on it. I know it is lacking alot of power right now due to the tune. I hit it about half throttle though and I hit 40 in no time at all. It still has a couple things I need to work out and then I will take it and have it tuned. The valve chatter isnt to bad you can definatly hear it if you are looking under the hood but it is hard to hear yourself think right now when you are standing near it. I set my idle at 1000 rpms so that it would run smoothly and I have LTs ORY pipe and Loudmouth exhaust so that pretty much overrides any other noises the engine could make

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    glad it's up and running. glad to help out. thats what we are here for.
    I know and I really do appreciate it, I told you that when you helped me out with my nitrous valve problem a while back. Like I said I couldnt have done it without you guys.

oh yeah one last thing.
    SHE FINALLY RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Congratulations!!

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Video of it running, pretty nice idle for no real tuning so far. I just uploaded a tune that came on my Diable that was designed for 1.8 rockers and it works pretty well. The car runs like crap but at least it runs.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22344847&hl=en

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

ooooooooooooo That sounds NASTY!!!! I love it. Your car has pretty damn good oil pressure. O I see its still cold.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

you win the prize for noticing that i even let the camera dip down a little to show it lol. The ECT sensor was put on the passenger head so it is not hooked up right now. I ordered another one and it comes in tomorrow morning then maybe that stupid gage will actually work

thats right about where my oil pressure used to be before the new oil pump too so I was a little dissappointed actually. not bad for 110,000 miles

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Mine is at 40 hot so I think your doing good. I am at 69,000

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i did my own engine swap with the help of my uncle. it was the best feeling in the world when i fiered that thing up for the first time. i know how you feel. congrats!!
    Click for full size

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

nice you still have the LT1? 440 is some damn good numbers

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    nice you still have the LT1? 440 is some damn good numbers
    yep got her in the shop getting some new parts on her. 3000 yank stall, soon some spray i want to hit aroung 550-600hp. got the gto for some good dd. loving life for now!

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

nice.. those are the numbers I am wanting to hit on the bottle. I am going to run a progressive controlled 150 shot so I think I got it in the bag. I just have to wait and see what it puts down after the tune.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

If your going progressive why stop at 150?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I was on vacation all last week and just now saw this thread. Awesome!!! Glad you got it up and running again. Sounds great. I'd say you have waaaaay less valve chatter than I have. Mine sounds like an old Singer sewing machine. Post up another video when you get it tuned. I want to hear it with the rpm's lower. That thing is gonna sound bad ass.

Thread Information