2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Drivetrain losses?

I was reading my latest super Chevy the other day about their project x yellow shoebox chevy. It has a 4L80 and a ram jet 502 in it. They were testing a new tuning chip for the ramjet and did a baseline. This baseline produced 290 hp and 347.9. From a ram jet 502!!! Thats almost a 200 hp loss. True enough it doesn't give any other info as to type of dyno temperature stall etc but 200 hp loss? I've never heard of such a loss period. They said typical auto trans is 23% but that seema alot more than 23% and I've always heard it was more like 18%. What's up with that. After the tune though it went to 364.1 hp and 468.8 lb ft.

Another issue pertaining mine. When mine was tuned the dyno printout read conditions temperature at 99 degrees with 28% humidity. I know those are far from ideal conditions but any approximation in how much that lowers the numbers? I'm not a hp junky at all I only care about track times given my loose stall and heavy parasitic 9" but my car still put out 347 RWHP in those conditions and having issues with my stall slipping a little but more than they expected it too and not locking up.
    My Toy 00 Z28 1SC A4 - MS3 cam with supporting valvetrain, Milled LS6 heads, LS7 lifters, , ARP rod and mains, All free mods, pacesetters, True duals, moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, Vig 3600 tuned, tubular SFC,adj PHR, LCA, adj TA, PHR reloc, LCA reloc. all with poly bushings, ZR1's and Nitto DR's (315).

My other toy 05 GTO LS2 M6- Comp XR269HR cam, 918's, hardened pushrods, Dart Pro 1's, pacesetters, X-pipe, flowmaster 1 chambers, TSP oil pump, Tick master cylinder. Pedders RR bushings, end links, SB bushings, tie rods and strut mounts, total performance poly F&R bushings. Polk DVC 12", Infinity Kappa 6.5 component and 6x9's with corresponding amps.

Her toy 77 F100-6.6/c6. All original (for now)

99 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    I was reading my latest super Chevy the other day about their project x yellow shoebox chevy. It has a 4L80 and a ram jet 502 in it. They were testing a new tuning chip for the ramjet and did a baseline. This baseline produced 290 hp and 347.9. From a ram jet 502!!! Thats almost a 200 hp loss. True enough it doesn't give any other info as to type of dyno temperature stall etc but 200 hp loss? I've never heard of such a loss period. They said typical auto trans is 23% but that seema alot more than 23% and I've always heard it was more like 18%. What's up with that. After the tune though it went to 364.1 hp and 468.8 lb ft.

Another issue pertaining mine. When mine was tuned the dyno printout read conditions temperature at 99 degrees with 28% humidity. I know those are far from ideal conditions but any approximation in how much that lowers the numbers? I'm not a hp junky at all I only care about track times given my loose stall and heavy parasitic 9" but my car still put out 347 RWHP in those conditions and having issues with my stall slipping a little but more than they expected it too and not locking up.

When you dyno'd they should have given you two numbers, STD and SAE. SAE would have been a corrected number to account for the weather.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Hmm just have one that they gave me have to check when I get home what it said on it. I want to say it said STD I know I didn't see anything saying SAE on it anywhere.

Thread Information