KILLSWITCH ETERNAL

Bought a 2002 Lightning today

Well, I broke down and bought a bone stock, low-mileage Lightning today. I know changing the crank pulley is fairly simple, but I've read that trying to upgrade the blower pulley is a risky proposition as it is apparently pressed on to the blower. The regular mods will, of course, be underway, but if anyone has experience with these trucks your input would be greatly appreciated.
    David

red
    99 Trans Am

The blower pulley is pressed on, not keyed like other blowers. Search the net there are pulley tools out there. Check with some of the Mustang shops. The 03-04 Cobra has the same blower pulley set up.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

The lower pulley is the way to go, stock I would suggest a 4lb or 6lb, also get a tuner like a predator or something asap. For some more info check out:

www.nloc.net

www.svtperformance.com

Lots of good vendors and info on those sites.

An you have made a smart choice, you will love that truck, the looks you get in it, and you will become a superchager whine loving sob...I know I am

Also look around for some grand prix guys. They can only change there uper pulley so they would be pretty likely to have a puller for it. If you lived near me You could use mine.
    Last edited by rocket468; 02-10-2006 at 11:33 AM.

red
    01 z28

If you mod it up just watch for detination. I had a 4# lower pulley and a flip chip and cold air on mine and the truck only had 3,500 miles and when i was over seas my wife was going to get the windows tinted and she blew it up. That has happened to several people around here. Other than that i loved the truck they get alot of attention everywhere.

KILLSWITCH ETERNAL
    Thanks for the advice guys. The blower whine is truely addictive. The only mods I can see on the truck are a slowmaster catback, and I think a higher stall converter was put in-at least my seat of the pants tells me-when I'm cruising at 10 mph(coasting) and get on the gas, I definitely get booted in the ass-LOL. I'm not gonna mod the truck until my LS1 swap is completed. I just bought some ZO6 heads, LS6 intake, GMAF, upgraded springs and titanium retainers. Once I get the suspension sorted out and the T56 stuffed into the '89, the Lightning will get a blower upgrade along with all of the related mods necessary. Some dude in a Ram Hemi tried me the other day, but I let up at around 110 since he was about 5 lengths behind me-LOL.
    David

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by KILLSWITCH ETERNAL
    Thanks for the advice guys. The blower whine is truely addictive. The only mods I can see on the truck are a slowmaster catback, and I think a higher stall converter was put in-at least my seat of the pants tells me-when I'm cruising at 10 mph(coasting) and get on the gas, I definitely get booted in the ass-LOL. I'm not gonna mod the truck until my LS1 swap is completed. I just bought some ZO6 heads, LS6 intake, GMAF, upgraded springs and titanium retainers. Once I get the suspension sorted out and the T56 stuffed into the '89, the Lightning will get a blower upgrade along with all of the related mods necessary. Some dude in a Ram Hemi tried me the other day, but I let up at around 110 since he was about 5 lengths behind me-LOL.
    David

Yep, Hemi tastes like chicken

KILLSWITCH ETERNAL
    Burnt chicken at that.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Those hemi's aren't close to a match to a truck like yours, good kill, but beware of an srt-10 ram if it lurks up on you.

Thread Information