black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

If I get a TC will I need a tune

Ok now I am thinking I will get a Yank SS3600 next, will I need a tune if that is my only next mod? How much am I looking at to have this installed? I dont have the tools or the knowledge to do it myself. I am thinking if I have to get a tune because of the TC then I will do gear swap also at the same time because I know I need a tune for them due to speedometer alone. but that would mean it will take me longer to get this stuff done since I will have to save up more money.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

youy don't have to have a tune. i never did a tune when i installed my yank ss3200 or py3400e in both cars. some say, you may need to change shift points and raise line pressure.

cost can be in the 250-300 dollar range.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

White
    1999 Camaro Z28 Conv.

I put an edge converter in my Impala, and while changing the shift points and TCC lockup points wasn't a requirement, it certainly made the car drive a lot better. I'd recommend having your PCM recalibrated for your new TC.

The line pressure adjustment is especially important if you change your throttle body size but any car can benefit from a little added line pressure, in my experience.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

well I am thinking that I will get a TC and tune since I wont be doing any other mods till after spring. Thanks for the input fellas

Absolutely with a gear swap and a stall converter you need a tune---The shift points are all calibrated from the information received from the speedometer--If it is off because of a gear swap--it won't shift properly Then with the 3600 stall--it won't even be close---you have to disable ALL of the torque management as well. I just did a '98 camaro 3.73 to 4.10 and 3200 stall--He drove over to me and could only get the car up to 50 mph!!! I have EFILIVE workshop have done over 200 cars.
    Last edited by mrr23; 12-04-2006 at 04:57 PM. Reason: removed non-sponsor info

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

if you do a gear swap, you have to go into the PCM and set it to the new gear ratio.

if you do a converter, you do not have to go into the PCM to make changes. wouldn't hurt to do some of the things tom said, but don't have to. i ran around for over a year with 3200 and 3400 converters in both cars with no modification to the PCM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

after I put in my verter a couple of years ago my car would stall on occasion. I had to raise the in gear idle a tad.

Thread Information