Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Grandma's Basement swimming pool.

Well, No, I dont wanna be a mod. This thread is about my grandmas basement flooding like amotherfucker. I think I sucked up 1800 gallons of water, nasty water at that. Probaly more than that, plus what my step dad sucked up, which was just about even with mine. It rained hard for 10 goddamn hours today. All the carpet had to be ripped out, I tore the walls down and took the insulation out, and found two spots where it is leaking. I have no clue how to fix it, Im a mechanic, not a basement leak fixer upper. I sucked this water up for hours and hours today. I just got home. I smell like nasty water. My grandma was almost in tears over this, I felt really bad. I was really happy I could help her out. I would do anything for that women. Shes one of the great ones. Anyways, My sunday consisted of shop vacing stank ass water out my g-ma's basement. I walked into the basement with a big ole chew of Grizzy Mint in my mouth. I had to walk right back upstairs and throw a perfectly good dip away because I was friggin gaggin from the "water" smell. I got used to it, drank beer, chewed, and ate some fast food that is going to rip me a new one tomorrow.

Oh yea, Im 21 tonight!!! Just turned 21 33 minutes ago. After I left my g-ma's house I went and bought a 6 pack of 16 ouncer Budwieser's. I am now, in front of my computer, smellin like shit, with a fatwieser I just bought....... LEGALLY!!! So, all in all, Sunday was a funday.!

Happy b-day to me, and happy dry basment day to my grandma. Drink on.

White
    1998 Trans Am

i think grandmas' are just good at flooding their basements. both of mine have down theirs atelast twice, the one i don't know how many times, and of course, i always used to get to go help, but now i don't live in town anymore muwahaha

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by NE98LS1 View Post
    i think grandmas' are just good at flooding their basements. both of mine have down theirs atelast twice, the one i don't know how many times, and of course, i always used to get to go help, but now i don't live in town anymore muwahaha
    Lucky bastard.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

back in shit, let me think now... It was one of the years that the northeast got hammered with an unbelieveable blizzard, I think 1993? Anyways, we didnt have a sump pump and we had about 6 ft of snow.... Fill in the blanks here. THE ENTIRE BOTTOM FLOOR had about 7 inches or so of standing, stagnant water! It destoryed so much shit it was unreal. I thought my mom was gonna commit suicide that year. It was awful. We used a shop vac for days cleaning that mess up. Needless to say we're in love with the sump pump we had installed afterwards.
    ps. the house is a big bilevel mother daughter house. so the basement is the entire footprint of the house. Theres an upstairs, a landing/foyer, and then the basement.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    back in shit, let me think now... It was one of the years that the northeast got hammered with an unbelieveable blizzard, I think 1993? Anyways, we didnt have a sump pump and we had about 6 ft of snow.... Fill in the blanks here. THE ENTIRE BOTTOM FLOOR had about 7 inches or so of standing, stagnant water! It destoryed so much shit it was unreal. I thought my mom was gonna commit suicide that year. It was awful. We used a shop vac for days cleaning that mess up. Needless to say we're in love with the sump pump we had installed afterwards.
    ps. the house is a big bilevel mother daughter house. so the basement is the entire footprint of the house. Theres an upstairs, a landing/foyer, and then the basement.
    I had a sump pump to dump my water into. Lucky me i suppose! A sump pump is a must man!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I had a sump pump to dump my water into. Lucky me i suppose! A sump pump is a must man!
    We celebrate our sump pumps birthday every year, haha you aint kidding its a must. I feel your pain man, cleaning up a flooded basement is miserable work. It smells, its destructive, it can be expensive. I cringe when I think about it.

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

sweet youre 21...youre a big boy now

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    sweet youre 21...youre a big boy now
    yes sir.

Im allllll grown up,

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Off to a wonderful day of work at Cat. see ya laters

SamD_Ind

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Depending on the type/size of the leak you can use hydraulic cement or there is a paint on product you can use

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Off to a wonderful day of work at Cat. see ya laters
    i took a tour of a gehl factory today.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    i took a tour of a gehl factory today.
    So then your prep\ared?

???

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    ???
    Dude, I have no idea why I wrote that. Last night was my 21st b-day, and I was shit faced. I didnt even think I got on here last night. Go figure.

Thread Information