Thread: juice

black
    94 z28

juice

i got a 94z with alot of miles nothing internal really just headers and bolt-on mods my friend has all the shit i need to juice it and says he will do it for free. should i do it? will the bottom end hold? what is safer/faster wet or dry? really dont know anything about it never put nitrous on any of my cars just looking for some answers

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

The most I've heard the stock motor taking is 125 'safely'...

red
    96 ss

i ran 125 on stock bottom end untill i popped a head gasket. i went though around 10 bottles or so in a very short amount of time. i was running a dry shot but i had the car tuned on a dyno for it. i was running a factory opti with factory ignition and factory injectors. make sure you go to a colder range plug, 1 step will be fine in your setup. people will give different opinions on which is safer. i ran a dry shot with a in-line booster pump. most people prefer wet, why i don't know. i would prefer the gas to be controlled by the injectors and just add the nitrous. if the fuel isn't atomized good, you can drop the fuel out of the air into the intake and have a intake back fire. i'm am not saying i wouldn't use a wet setup, cause thats what i am converting to. the only reason why, is i am going to such a bigger shot. test it on a dyno with a wideband. start with a 75 shot and go from there. hope i answered some of your questions.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Yeah, I've always understood that dry is better for the smaller shots while wet is better for up to around 200. Then from there, you try to go direct. But that's just how I think of it, not neccessarily how it is.

I think a 100 shot would be a good compromise though.

10's N/A

I've got 125k on my stock bottom end and run a 100-shot perfectly fine. Runs great on and off the squeeze. As far as my suggestions, i'll give you a short take. First, go with a wet kit as it uses it's own fuel delivery system and doesn't rely on the injectors to do the job. It also has better atomization than a dry kit. Second, some people (or even nitrous manufacturers) will lead you to believe it is o.k. to simply slap a kit on and go - that's not the safest way to do it. I included all of the necesseties when I installed my kit, fuel pump,ignition box/coil,wires,colder range plugs,etc etc. I also added the nitrous accessories such as window switch,bottle heater to ensure proper pressure @ at all times,nitrous pres. gauge (duh), JE Digital Nitrous Mastermind controller,etc. And last but definitely not least, a TUNE! This way if you do nitrous, you will do it the right way and get the most out of it.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Thread Information