White
    1998 Formula

Turbo update still need help Bare with me

ok well i took pics and the guy is supose to send them to me today......i got the smoking problem fixed for now i think....i put a restrictor in the conectors to the turbo and no more smoke.......but we are taking that out and putting in a regulator in the oil line .... i made half of my down pipe and will finish tomorow ...but i dont get how no down pipe would make it not boost...... its just like a exhuast pipe? the turbo spins fine nice and smoth and spins at idle ....

when i get on it it really isnt loud at all you can barly here the turbo spool really just exhaust but at idle i rev it and you can hear it a lil better so the turbo is spinning why would there be no boost

and i think there is a leak between the turbo flange that in connected to the exhaust and a leak at the dout after the manifolds....

and im not spending the money to get it tuned untill it at least boost a lil bit..but i have the tune set up as soon as it is ready along with injectors fuel pump and driveterain

ruby red
    2001 trans am

coming from my knowlege about turbo on a 90 dsm and a 93 protege if there is no down pipe the exhuast will just flow threw the fins on the hot side of the turbo sort of like you need some back presure for it to work I could be wrong. that is why exturnal wast gates work almost any where on the down pipe i suppose

Thread Information