black
    Twin Turbo C5 Stroker WS6

what do you guys think of Bill Gates today..

Going to congress asking for more immigration visas for technical/skilled engineers and scientists? Saying America will lose its technical edge in a few years. Do you see something wrong with that.

I know good engineers whose jobs went to India/China...laid off. I know Engineers who went into Sales/marketing for the same company for 3x the salary. I know kids that wont go to college for engineering because they want to make money. How about Bill making college affordable for engineers and scientists? Tuition is crazy. This is a perfect example of not fixing the problem..GREED. If our govt allows it it will be another great disappointment.

I also see something wrong with this. I respect anyone who works to improve their life, but IMO it would be better for us as Americans if fellow American citizens get those jobs.

On the college thing, as much tax money as the US sometimes wastes, it would be nice to see higher education made a lot more affordable to those with the ability and the drive to seek it.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I also see something wrong with this. I respect anyone who works to improve their life, but IMO it would be better for us as Americans if fellow American citizens get those jobs.
    If those Americans are qualified, yes. Absolutely. If they aren't qualifed, then....

On the college thing, as much tax money as the US sometimes wastes, it would be nice to see higher education made a lot more affordable to those with the ability and the drive to seek it.
    Agreed, but there ARE scholarships to be taken advantage of.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I say......LINUX

Black
    2004 Z06

吻我的驴子!!!!!!!!!

pie
    free

The only way to make it more affordable is to hold colleges/universities accountable for their budgets. Where I went to school it was ridiculous what they'd spend money on instead of improving their system. Throwing money at them won't make them more efficient.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I say invest in the education and drive of todays AMERICAN youth. Half the reason we are losing jobs to outsourcing is we got these corporate Bill Gates assholes catering to them.

pie
    free

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I say invest in the education and drive of todays AMERICAN youth. Half the reason we are losing jobs to outsourcing is we got these corporate Bill Gates assholes catering to them.
    That and a country full of lazy americans who were spoiled by their parents.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Half the reason we are losing jobs to outsourcing is we got these corporate Bill Gates assholes catering to them.
    Store A has product X for $100
    Store B has product X for $50

I must be one of those corporate assholes too because I would go to store B. Why should a business (an entity designed to make money) take any other approach with labor costs.

It is really easy to spin it the other way. Bill Gates is so generous that he gives people opportunities in developing countries to actually make a living for themselves. Bill Gates is helping his fellow man, after all - we are all human beings. Gates is rich, but he can't do everything for everyone - some of us need to take responsibility for ourselves.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

very true.. and he got rich being one hell of a business man, ot even from being a computer genious. therefore he is continueing to do his job and make his money and when he dies he has already devoted almost all his money to charity so how can he be a bad guy?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Store A has product X for $100
    Store B has product X for $50

I must be one of those corporate assholes too because I would go to store B. Why should a business (an entity designed to make money) take any other approach with labor costs.

It is really easy to spin it the other way. Bill Gates is so generous that he gives people opportunities in developing countries to actually make a living for themselves. Bill Gates is helping his fellow man, after all - we are all human beings. Gates is rich, but he can't do everything for everyone - some of us need to take responsibility for ourselves.
    i see what youre saying. i wouldnt call you a corporate asshole... but our country isn't a business. its a country. a nation. it shouldnt be out to make a profit, it should be out to do the best it can to improve life for its own citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Gates is rich, but he can't do everything for everyone - some of us need to take responsibility for ourselves.
    That's a good point.

Now, what these billionaire philanthropists really need to do, is to hire scientists to invent a safe, practical, morally acceptable, and incredibly effective form of free yet permanent birth control for the masses.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

That's a good point.

Now, what these billionaire philanthropists really need to do, is to hire scientists to invent a safe, practical, morally acceptable, and incredibly effective form of free yet permanent birth control for the masses.
    lol. morally acceptable kinda kills it.

morrally acceptable birth control is like an oxymoron... i think it should be acceptable, but i mean think about what u sed lol

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    lol. morally acceptable kinda kills it.

morrally acceptable birth control is like an oxymoron... i think it should be acceptable, but i mean think about what u sed lol
    Abstinence would work, but usually that solution is laughed out of the room. Well, more accurately put, abstinence is an acceptable form of birth control for other people- not us.

The solution to the ills of world poverty is to somehow condition the people who can't afford to have kids to whole-heartedly believe that the most glorious accomplishment they can hope to achieve in life is to not have children.

That probably won't work, so we should just go with Plan B and start dropping nukes on countries like Mexico and any place in Africa I can't pronounce or spell.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Abstinence would work, but usually that solution is laughed out of the room. Well, more accurately put, abstinence is an acceptable form of birth control for other people- not us.

The solution to the ills of world poverty is to somehow condition the people who can't afford to have kids to whole-heartedly believe that the most glorious accomplishment they can hope to achieve in life is to not have children.

That probably won't work, so we should just go with Plan B and start dropping nukes on countries like Mexico and any place in Africa I can't pronounce or spell.
    yea. anywhere that we arent getting important natural resources from, kill them. lol

Silver
    99 Z

Or for every person who comes to this country to work, we should send a welfare demanding crap bag who refuses to work to their country. Call it an even trade! Until the Ignorant stop breeding (which will never happen) its not going to get any better.

Thread Information