black
    95 trans am

Thumbs up HELP. windows scratching

Hi, I have a trans am and have had it for the last 9 years. A few years ago I replaced the weather strip/guide that goes on top of the drivers/passengers door for the window because it was scratching the windows but its doing it again! Any help would be appreciated, now I am trying to locate new windows and re tint them again but want to fix this problem so it doesn't happen again. One more week and she'll be put away for the winter now!..thank you again guys for all the help in the past!

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

Are you sure its not the padded guides/rests just underneath the weather strip? I had that problem on mine...

Black
    1996 Trans Am

my 96 T/A does the same thing, i thought it was the padded guides under the weather stripping. when ever you figure it out please let me know. thanks

black
    95 trans am

yeah the new weather strip I replaced on my doors has one continuous felt strip on the weather strip instead of individual strips witha metal backing plate attached to them that would flake of rust and build up between the glass and felt strip and glass and cause scratches so I was told..we need help on this it seems... just put her away for the winter now! But I would like to solve this problem over the winter...thank you again guys for all the help

green
    98 formula

there are several guides in the door for the window you will have to pull the door panel and watch the window go up and down to see what its rubbing on the design of the door not having a frame around the sides and top of the glass is not the best for long life but it does look much better when you do fix it just be carefull to not pull or push the door by the glass that should help the fix last good luck

Thread Information