Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wicked Witch of the West egaian's Avatar

9/11 5 years later...

I can't beleive its been 5 years...I still remember exactly where I was as I watched the second plane hit...

All those who lost their lives and their families are in my thoughts and prayers today...and all those who serve our country protecting us and fighting those who did this and making sure it never happens again- thank you...

I hope everyone takes some time today to reflect...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'm still as pissed off as I was on that day.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Thanks for the post.

I too remember. This has become this generation's Pearl Harobr Day. We must never forget.

Black
    99 SS

yup, i remember exactly where I was, I was a 15 year old sophomore in Religion class, our teacher was sick that day and we had a sub in for us at the time. i remember we all thought it was an accident untill we all saw the second one hit then they started talking terrorism.

and I agree with Sarge im still pissed off about it

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Yeah, I had turned on the Howard Stern show and I heard them say something about the "First time" the towers were attacked in 1993, so I turned on the TV. The second tower hadn't been hit yet so I thought maybe it was some kind of weird accident. Then the second tower got hit and I realized it was a terrorist attack.

I too am still pissed about it, probably always will be.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I was in a photoshop class. My teacher had sons who lived in NYC and kept running in/out of the class room to take phone calls. Finally after an hour they sent all the students to their dorms/killed class for the day.

I got to the dorm and my other 3 roomates were within inches from our TV. I pulled up a chair and couldn't believe what i was seeing. It seriously looked like a movie because it was so unbelievable. Such a tragedy.

I also remember the Shock n Awe strike-didn't go to class that day...too intrested in seeing the hell break loose.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

White
    2002 VY SS

It rocked us here too. It was late at night for me as I was getting ready to go to work. Every channel had it on well before the second plane hit. I couldn't pull myself away from the tv. Hence I was late for work, lucky I was the boss.

We all had a quiet day of reflection here to remember those lost on the other side of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by egaian View Post
    I can't beleive its been 5 years...I still remember exactly where I was as I watched the second plane hit...

All those who lost their lives and their families are in my thoughts and prayers today...and all those who serve our country protecting us and fighting those who did this and making sure it never happens again- thank you...

I hope everyone takes some time today to reflect...

I was at work, writing in AAG right here when it happened... anyone have the link to the original LS1 9/11 thread from 5 years ago? I think that would be interesting to look over.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    I was an 18 year old college student on 9/11/01. I am on mountain time so I didn't get to see the planes hit live. 97.3, a hip-hop station in Albuquerque, is the radio station I had my alarm set on to wake me up. When 8:00 rolled around (10:00 eastern) the first words I heard for the day were "Both towers have collapsed, they're completely gone." Still groggy, I put in my contacts and turned on the TV to see what was going on. I just sat there and watched the TV all day in shock since classes had been cancelled at the college. I couldn't believe it then but now, after 5 years of hearing things about it, I can see why it happened. I'm pissed that it happened and I'm even more pissed that we've done very little as a nation to prevent something as bad or far worse in the future. As of 11/05 tests were done to see if bombs and guns could get through airport security and guess what, they did.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by siriddler View Post
    I was at work, writing in AAG right here when it happened... anyone have the link to the original LS1 9/11 thread from 5 years ago? I think that would be interesting to look over.
    prolly lost when the site went down a year back

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

I was in history class in High School, was my Senior year, when the first plane hit the teacher turned on the TV so we all sat in shock watching the second plane hit, then the pentagon, then the one downed in Nittany lion territory. They shut down school and sent us all home, to this day I'm still pissed off about it.

Wicked Witch of the West egaian's Avatar
    I was in college, in Boston, in a friends apt early before an early class when his neighbor came running in yelling the wtc had been hit by a plane, we turned on the news and there it was....
    United 175 and American 11 were the exact flight numbers I took dozens of times over the years to get back to LA...infact I was on 11 less than 7 days before 9/11. Cantor Fitzgerald was a HUGE recruiter from our college and a lot of kids in general worked in WTC...it was horrible. I will never forget that feeling in my life.

And like Sarge said, I am still just as pissed off if not more...

chameleon
    98 T/A

i will always remember that day! and all the songs written and every prayer, it was the day of silence across the world. just this morning in plano outside the fire dept, grounds were thousands of american flags in rows covering the hillside.
    traffic came to a stop as i saw the firemen standing in the door way while they all stood and saluted the flags in full military like uniforms with sashes and medals of honor and acheivement as we all drove by as onlookers.

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Sorry for the essay maybe some want to read about my day on 9-11-01

I remember that day as if it were yesterday. I was still living in NYC back then and i just happened to be shopping that day on Canal ST. Anyways walking up and down that street going from stereo store to stereo store trying to get the best price on auto electronics, i heard what sounded like a huge explosion and i was just like wtf??

A few minutes after that "explosion" i started seeing smoke so of course i was curious and wanted to see what was going on since all these fire trucks a police were headed that way so i started walking in that area. After walking a few minutes i came to Chambers ST( few blocks from WTC) and i just couldnt believe what i saw. I said " wtf did it get bombed again" I stood there for about 10 minutes thinking about what the hell happened. Well after standing there i got hungry so i went to get something to eat at this deli about 6 blocks away. Once i get to the deli and gave my order there was another boom and once i heard that i was 100% sure that the WTC was being bombed but man how wrong i was.

I walked out of the store and there was shit falling from the sky from every directon. Well i got a lil scared so i started to run to the corner and once i get there there's all these flocks of people running, yelling and screaming. So yeah i was already a bit scared and then seeing all these people running and shit it made me even more scared. I follow the running crowd and we start to see all this debris EVERYWHERE. I saw a group of people huddled around this one dude and he had a radio with him. Thats how i found out what actually happened. I immediately grabbed my cell phone to call my parents but nothing worked not even a dial tone so i tried a payphone and nothing.

I then decided i was going back home since i couldnt get a hold of anyone so i head for the subway. I get to the subway only to find out that the subway is closed. I said ok ill take the bus, i go back upstairs to the street to wait for the bus and not even a single car ever came down that road in 10 mins. After waiting those 10 mins the first tower had started to collapse. All you could hear while it was collapsing was this huge rumble and the ground shaking. About 5 minutes after the Tower came crashing down everything was covered with soot people , cars , buildings it looked like a ghost town.

At this point the only way home was to walk 173 blocks. New York City has always been referred to as "the city that never sleeps" well let me tell you guys this .Ii will never forget that day ever. Every road, bridge, tunnel, train, bus or any other form of transportation was shut down. I had walked about 50 out of 173 blocks to be told along with 8478945895698 people who were walking as well that the bridge was closed and we couldnt go any further.

All of us had no choice but to just sit down and wait till the bridge would re open. I sat there thingking about some friends that had worked in Tower 2 which i didnt know at the time that it had collapsed too. I sat there hoping they got to safety but unfortunately they did not. There is alot more about that day i can talk about if anyone wants to know about.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

I was a senior in college, woke up to news that morning on the radio not the BOB and TOM show. turned on the TV and it was unreal...classes were canceled and we spent hours figuring out why and how the towers collapsed, etc. gotta love being an architect and taking structure classes and so on. I was shocked and sad that so much hatered could be in this world. I wanted them all dead that day. i still do.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I was at home getting ready for work.
    I was living at my parents place at the time, and my mom was crying.

I checked it out...and ended up getting to watch the second plane fly into the towers.
    Yeah....

I was playing sick that day from highschool woke up and turned on the T.V and bam the first plane had just hit and everyone was wondering what was going on.

Go outside and all of our streets are dead. I go to get something to eat and i get my meal free since they were all busy watching T.V and were shutting down early the guy said "just take it",

Not 4 hours later i see a bunch of mexicans selling mini american flags.

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by lakmflx View Post
    I remember that day as if it were yesterday. I was still living in NYC back then and i just happened to be shopping that day on Canal ST. Anyways walking up and down that street going from stereo store to stereo store trying to get the best price on auto electronics, i heard what sounded like a huge explosion and i was just like wtf??

A few minutes after that "explosion" i started seeing smoke so of course i was curious and wanted to see what was going on since all these fire trucks a police were headed that way so i started walking in that area. After walking a few minutes i came to Chambers ST( few blocks from WTC) and i just couldnt believe what i saw. I said " wtf did it get bombed again" I stood there for about 10 minutes thinking about what the hell happened. Well after standing there i got hungry so i went to get something to eat at this deli about 6 blocks away. Once i get to the deli and gave my order there was another boom and once i heard that i was 100% sure that the WTC was being bombed but man how wrong i was.

I walked out of the store and there was shit falling from the sky from every directon. Well i got a lil scared so i started to run to the corner and once i get there there's all these flocks of people running, yelling and screaming. So yeah i was already a bit scared and then seeing all these people running and shit it made me even more scared. I follow the running crowd and we start to see all this debris EVERYWHERE. I saw a group of people huddled around this one dude and he had a radio with him. Thats how i found out what actually happened. I immediately grabbed my cell phone to call my parents but nothing worked not even a dial tone so i tried a payphone and nothing.

I then decided i was going back home since i couldnt get a hold of anyone so i head for the subway. I get to the subway only to find out that the subway is closed. I said ok ill take the bus, i go back upstairs to the street to wait for the bus and not even a single car ever came down that road in 10 mins. After waiting those 10 mins the first tower had started to collapse. All you could hear while it was collapsing was this huge rumble and the ground shaking. About 5 minutes after the Tower came crashing down everything was covered with soot people , cars , buildings it looked like a ghost town.

At this point the only way home was to walk 173 blocks. New York City has always been referred to as "the city that never sleeps" well let me tell you guys this .Ii will never forget that day ever. Every road, bridge, tunnel, train, bus or any other form of transportation was shut down. I had walked about 50 out of 173 blocks to be told along with 8478945895698 people who were walking as well that the bridge was closed and we couldnt go any further.

All of us had no choice but to just sit down and wait till the bridge would re open. I sat there thingking about some friends that had worked in Tower 2 which i didnt know at the time that it had collapsed too. I sat there hoping they got to safety but unfortunately they did not. There is alot more about that day i can talk about if anyone wants to know about.
    Damn it sounds like you were right there in the middle of all of it. I plan to visit NYC and the other 9/11 sites in the near future just to get an idea of the areas involved in the attacks. I feel sad but pissed at the same time at these attacks and the results of them. I've been praying for the families of the victims today and will continue to do so. I feel like something was taken from me as an American on 9/11 and even today, 5 years later. I can't even begin to imagine how the families of the victims feel. I can't imagine how you feel, knowing that you lost close friends in the towers that day.

Shit
    Also, let us not forget the reactions of people from around the world, as close as Mexico, who cheered when they saw the towers collapse. I watched the Mexican stations and all they seemed to show was the people jumping out of the towers. Bastards. I'm glad I'm not in control of our country, government, and military or we'd be the only country left in this world.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Thumbs up

SEC.OF STATE Condi.Rice is in Gander, Newfoundland today thanking Canadian's for their hospitality ---6,500 people flew into Gander that day when the planes were grounded...Gander is only 9,000 people large. Very small place, but it has an International Airport because it is the most Eastern Airport on the Eastern Seaboard..including the U.S.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information