sped

1993 LT1 Programmer

Is there such thing as one? Hypertech's is listed for 1994-1997. Any chance that may work? I've been looking for a while with 0 luck.

red
    95 Z28

93s do not have a programmable PCM. They have an ECM with a removable chip. I think you can buy a chip for your car, but it will suck, just like the power programming that the tuners have for 94-97s.

green
    1994 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    93s do not have a programmable PCM. They have an ECM with a removable chip. I think you can buy a chip for your car, but it will suck, just like the power programming that the tuners have for 94-97s.
    why will it suck??? i just ordered one for my 94 vette. what are the downfalls of reprograming? thanks........jeff

red
    95 Z28

The hypertech is useful for things like changing rev limiters, removing speed limiters, gear changes, and fan settings. Their actual "power" programming is junk. It is designed for a stock only car, and many people have actually lost power with it. And the people that do gain anything from it, usually only see very modest gains, nothing remotely close to being able to feel (seat of the pants). The only effective way to tune is on a dyno or the street, with software such as tunercat or LT1 edit.

6SpeedZ

Medium Patriot Red
    1993 Camaro

How much does the tunercat / LT1 edit cost... and how hard is it to use?

CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

Not sure of the cost of the tuning software off hand, but thats one of those things where you're better off letting an expert handle things, unless you plan on modifying things further, which would require more tuning in the future (and you have the time and patience to learn the ins and outs of tuning your car). But, for a bolt on car, i've seen some pretty decent gains when an LT1 is put in the hands of a good tuner.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    Not sure of the cost of the tuning software off hand, but thats one of those things where you're better off letting an expert handle things, unless you plan on modifying things further, which would require more tuning in the future (and you have the time and patience to learn the ins and outs of tuning your car). But, for a bolt on car, i've seen some pretty decent gains when an LT1 is put in the hands of a good tuner.
    dont waste your money on a tuner program yourself, unless you are going to be building it up later to a boosted or nitrous user. find a tuner in your area that will be willing to tune it and scan for TC's later on. i got luckly and got LT1 edit from a guy for $50 with him having my vin added to it and the cable. (he went to a ls1 when they came out) if you wanna look at lt1 edit i'll send you the progam to lookk at, you cant use it cause the vin wont match your cars vin. just hit me up on a pm if you wanna see what all it can do.

6SpeedZ

Medium Patriot Red
    1993 Camaro

I think I'm going to put my nitrous kit on the car, get the head/cam combo installed... and then get it all perfected with the tune by a guy who has a good rep with F-Bods around my neck of the woods

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by SloLt1Camaro View Post
    I think I'm going to put my nitrous kit on the car, get the head/cam combo installed... and then get it all perfected with the tune by a guy who has a good rep with F-Bods around my neck of the woods
    oh just noticed you were in va, we have some good guys in n.c

6SpeedZ

Medium Patriot Red
    1993 Camaro

What part of NC?

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by SloLt1Camaro View Post
    What part of NC?
    i live really close to greensboro

Thread Information