Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Respectable run out on Route 37 last night....

Still in the midst of completing my Twin Turbo project, both Dave and I decided to head out to Toms River last night for a little breather. Mainly to escape our ball and chains, and to check out some of the local hotties over @ Seaside (heh, did I just say that LMAO)....?

On the way out there we came across a very sweet looking 4th gen, Dark Green Metallic Trans Am. Damn thing sounded sweet, and was hauling @ss to boot. Dave is next to me egging me on, "get him, get him", but with my experience on the GSP headed toward exit 82-B, from the last time, prompted me to take it a little easy....

All Dave and I saw through the passenger side window was long blonde hair, which immediately tells Dave she's "hot", w/out even seeing her LMMFAO! I'm like, cool, who's with her, and Dave yell's out, there's a long haired blonde driving, who also looks pretty hot LMAO, so, of course, the game of cat and mouse has begun....

Suddenly, this Trans Am FLOORS it, and the exhaust note from what sounded to be a Borla tone screams out, and it starts to PULL DAMN HARD!!!! Both me and Dave looked at each other stunned LOL, and out of instinct, immediately jumped in their lane, and slammed on the accelerator. Damn thing already had a decent size jump on me, but I started to real it in once we reached speeds of 110+....

UH OH, the damn toll just before the Toms River exit is coming up, and of course I don't have EZ-Pass, and that Trans Am does. Dave quickly reaches into his pocket ahead of time, grabs 35 cents, hands it to me, and I slam dunked it into the change net. With no time to waste waiting for the "accepted" signal, I just started honking the horn, and floored it again to catch back up....

Within minutes our exit was prevalent, and with the Trans Am being directly in front of us, I see their directional go on to signal "Route 37". As if fate wanted this to happen, and with Dave jumping in his damn seat, we both stage at the very FIRST FREAKING LIGHT. Inching our way closer and closer to the drivers side windown, we're suddenly face to face with a DUDE LMAO!!!!

No worries though, it's cool, we held in the puke from our disturbing, unbeknownst fantasies LOL. I look over to the front of the dude's car, look back at him and yell out, "LT1"? He give's the , then does the same to my car and yells back, "LS1"? With me giving the ....

Wasn't quite sure what was going to happen next, as I was still a little taken by the fact that it was a dude. Suddenly, the LT1 TA starts inching up to the light while throwing revs out. Dave looks over, see's something, and yell's out to me, "Rob, his girl is putting her seat belt on", when suddenly, the light turns green, the LT1 SLAMS on it, and without even caring if there were any 5-0 around, I immediately hammered on it with him.....

Both car's were spinning their tires, and LT1 was wearing much fatter tires than we were. The cars stood head to head up until about 40, when the LS1 just took over, and started pulling on him pretty bad. The dude kept up to the back of my passenger side bumper up until 65-70, when the CheaTR cam just TOOK OVER. The LS1 started pulling hard, but Dave told me that's it (I almost forgot where I was for a second LMAO), so I immediately let off of it....

Driver of the LT1 gave me the thumbsup, and me and Dave nodded back over to them. Headed over to the big Wawa (call it big, cuz there's a smaller one a mere half a mile away from it). Sweet kill, was pretty cool, although the initial fantasy was much much better! Heh, who said that? Not me!

-Lethal
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 06-23-2007 at 09:57 AM.

98 Z28 M6

exit 82-B ? Maybe I'll see ya sometime. My parents have a house down there. I don't go that often, but I assume the police are still really strict? I remember they made these anti-cruising laws, in which you couldn't drive past a certain area more than once or twice. How lame.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe
    exit 82-B ? Maybe I'll see ya sometime. My parents have a house down there. I don't go that often, but I assume the police are still really strict? I remember they made these anti-cruising laws, in which you couldn't drive past a certain area more than once or twice. How lame.
    Housing prices over there are getting ridiculous, especially in Seaside. Cops were actually easy going that night. Was going to include one of the funniest parts of the story that night (happened in White Castles, about 1:00 in the morning), but I'll let Dave (Boosted) embellish on the cherry on the sundae lol....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

omg prince apu and the secret service/body gaurd guys or whatever the hell they were. lmfao u tell the story u knew more of what was going on then me anyways

89 RS 3.1L v6 1LE suspension,wonderbar ,3way drag shocks ,(iroc taillights,gauge cluster,steering wheel,rims)
    t67 turbo 27+ psi,100 wetshot,and a 4500 converter

Fellas ya never called me this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Fellas ya never called me this weekend!
    LOL, that's Dave's fault. We go to Radio Shack to pick up a missing capacitor he came across inside of his MegaSquirt, and as soon as we get there I hear, "damn, forgot the part number, left it back at the house" LOL. We leave for Route 37, and as soon as we get there I hear, "damn, I forgot to reach out to Tom, left his number back at the house", LOL....

If all goes well with Dave, he'll be making his first pass Wednesday night with his MegaSquirt controlled 2.8 Turbo. Damn thing picked so much power under the curve from just the EFI change alone. VE's were altered almost to perfection across the board within an hour or two....

Dave is awfully forgetful huh Haha j/k. Its cool, just let me know next time and Ill cruise out. Fri/Sat nights are a little too crazy with the po-po but every other day is good!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Sounds alot like the experiences I've always had going down there man. My car should be done by the end of the week I hope... So tell Dave not to forget my number either! LoL.

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    LOL. We leave for Route 37, and as soon as we get there I hear, "damn, I forgot to reach out to Tom, left his number back at the house", LOL....

If all goes well with Dave, he'll be making his first pass Wednesday night with his MegaSquirt controlled 2.8 Turbo. Damn thing picked so much power under the curve from just the EFI change alone. VE's were altered almost to perfection across the board within an hour or two....

hey i pmed ee he didnt get the pm till after 12 when we were already down there.

btw the turbo 2.8 lives again,only thing that sux is since the car isnt registerd and insured right now i cant take it out on the street to tune it for boost,and theres not enough room in my parking lot to do it, so ill have to very carefully tune it on the track tom night,

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Sounds alot like the experiences I've always had going down there man. My car should be done by the end of the week I hope... So tell Dave not to forget my number either! LoL.
    Will prolly go this Thursday then, hopefully it's a good night for it. Trying to get a couple of guys together. My buddy's '95 GSX is down right now (blown turbo), but he's down to bring his '07 Eclipse Coupe in it's place though. I'm hesitating w/having my cousin Gaspar and his friends to come down, as all hell will break loose with them, literally lol....

Will prolly go this Thursday then, hopefully it's a good night for it. Trying to get a couple of guys together. My buddy's '95 GSX is down right now (blown turbo), but he's down to bring his '07 Eclipse Coupe in it's place though. I'm hesitating w/having my cousin Gaspar and his friends to come down, as all hell will break loose with them, literally lol....

Let me know if youre def coming down on Thursday! I'm out of work at 5:30.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Thursday? WTF? Doesn't anyone get up early for work besides me? You guys going this WEEKEND?!?

Weekdays are better. Less cops, less traffic, etc. Also, week nights are boring most of the time so a cruise/meet-up on Route 37 could be some mid week fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Thursday? WTF? Doesn't anyone get up early for work besides me? You guys going this WEEKEND?!?
    LOL, too many cops on the weekends. I definitely feel your pain bro, I'm up every single morning @ 4:30/5:00am. It was funny seeing a group of S10's hanging out there that night, some of them looked freaking amazing! I think I'm now a certified Toms River junkie lol.....

I think I'm now a certified Toms River junkie lol.....
    Told you it was good down here!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hey nice kill Street Lethal, did the driver have pretty hair? lol

Gonna record some footage tonight over at E-Town (Dave's running tonight, hopefully). Should have about twenty minutes left afterward, so make sure your EVO looks nice and purrtty when we cruise/race....

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z
    hey nice kill Street Lethal, did the driver have pretty hair? lol
    Ohh, be nice <insert gay lisp>

Gonna record some footage tonight over at E-Town (Dave's running tonight, hopefully). Should have about twenty minutes left afterward, so make sure your EVO looks nice and purrtty when we cruise/race....

Ohh, be nice <insert gay lisp> Click for full size Click for full size

My car is always purrty! I have a daily driver now the EVO chills in the garage and stays clean!

More than likely heading down there tonight. Want to check out a friends drop top Trans Am (3rd gen) that he might be selling, as well as the local competition....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I love street racing you guys have route 37 we have HWY 100 all good tiems Fucking COPS.

Thread Information