Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Question Super Sport "Clone"

Is there a package with all of the components (hood, rear spoiler, emblems) to make a Z28 into an SS? If there is, is it cheaper than buying all the parts seperate? Thanks. The SS looks meaner than the Z28!

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Just get them on Ebay bro, my goal is to get the SS package from top to bottom put onto my Z from Spoiler, to rims, to the SS badge in the dash by next summer so if i maybe sell it i can get some more money for it since it already has the RS kit. I found a SS hood on ebay for around 300 and that is a good deal to me.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

why put the SS badges on? it's not a SS...it's a Z28. Hell, i like the hood and spoiler also and I might put them on my Z but by rebadging all you're doing is posing. No matter what you do to your Z it'll never be a SS...even if you mod your Z to out run and out corner a SS. But it's your car and you'll do what you wanna...hopefully when/if you sell it you don't screw someone out of their money by not telling them it's a Z....just my .02

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Every LS1 Camaro is a Z28, the SS is just a package option. So i wouldnt exactly say im posing, look on your insurance card it says Z28/SS on model. It is whatever the owner of the car wants, maybe some people cant afford a real SS but for 3 grand less can get the Z28 and find all the SS parts off of ebay or other sites for cheaper.

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I agree with severe distortion, dont rebadge your Z28. I just want the hood and maybe the rear spoiler. I to have the RS package. You cant get more money for your car telling people its an SS when it isnt. I just want my car to look like an SS minus the badges. Mine will always say Z28. I might rebadge it to RS though, to throw people off (possible racers). American Muscle

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by thelastz28
    I agree with severe distortion, dont rebadge your Z28. I just want the hood and maybe the rear spoiler. I to have the RS package. You cant get more money for your car telling people its an SS when it isnt. I just want my car to look like an SS minus the badges. Mine will always say Z28. I might rebadge it to RS though, to throw people off (possible racers). American Muscle

I tell ricers sometimes that its a RS with a Z28 body kit, but usually they dont believe me unless i get a cocky SOB who thinks they can beat anything.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

i'd love to see their faces when you hit it. It seems like all the dudes in acuras wanna race me...but I have to pick and choose cause of gas prices, most aren't worth it anyway

Black
    2004 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by FantaZGuy28
    Every LS1 Camaro is a Z28, the SS is just a package option. So i wouldnt exactly say im posing, look on your insurance card it says Z28/SS on model. It is whatever the owner of the car wants, maybe some people cant afford a real SS but for 3 grand less can get the Z28 and find all the SS parts off of ebay or other sites for cheaper.
    Well I can tell you that AAA insurance makes the distinction between a z28 & SS.
    When I went to insure my SS, I was asked specifically if it were an SS.
    Of course my rate went through the roof to the tune of $175 a month for a year before it would drop to $125 a month as a new customer and I'm older with a spotless record.

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Well i have Geico and it says Z28/SS so its no difference for me.

CamaroKillZ28
    You do get more money for having the SS package, if you look up blue book numbers it tells you that it should add between 1800-3000 to the value of the car

Texas el es Juan Member keno2095's Avatar

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by FantaZGuy28
    Well i have Geico and it says Z28/SS so its no difference for me.
    I have Geico too and they were able to know by my VIN that it is a SS , not just a Z28. There is a price difference on the coverage too.

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by keno2095
    I have Geico too and they were able to know by my VIN that it is a SS , not just a Z28. There is a price difference on the coverage too.

Maybe its just a California thing, I have a friend who works at geico who has the same thing on his insurance, it says Z28/SS and another friend who lives in the middle states, it says Formula/Trans Am so who knows. Insurance is a big PITA anyway!

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

I have a '02 Z28 vert and I have put a SS rear spoiler on it. I don't want the hood on mines. I did put the ram air kit on it along with the RKS lid and Holley filter on it. I like the spoiler but don't want it to be a "clone SS" just my .o2.

BLACK / SUNSET MET.
    02 NHRA TRANSAM / 01 SS

Dont badge a z28, Its all fine and dany to put the hood and spoiler on it, but when u put SS badges on a z28, you are no better than the people who put saleen stuff on a gt. There is no point.

IF U WANT AN SS BUY AN SS.

There is no imitation to saying i own a true SS!!!!

97lt1ss
    yeah i agree with the guy above me, there is a guy from kansas and he put the half as black stripe down the middle and put the ss badges and the low side of the fender and it s only a v6 car- and hes a dousche bag. what a poser!!!!

Red/Silver
    2002 Camaro SS/LE

Don't waste your $$$ on a clone SS. Use the $$$ to mod your Z28!

97lt1ss
    the old timer has a point he is smart!!!!!

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

I completely agree...a Z28 is a Z28 no matter what, and an SS is an SS no matter what. Theres a guy that goes to college with me and has a 2000 v-6 camaro with Z28 badges on it; I have considered bringing my screwdriver and popping those off. It really makes me mad when people do that.

I personally would like to get an SS hood and spoiler for my car, but I will not change the badging to SS. Why don't you do something creative and instead of Z28 or SS put the SLP badge or the LS1 badge? You could rebadge and not worry about being a clone. There, thats my $.02 also.

Rhino21149
    The SS looks meaner than the Z28!
    True, but if you're going to spend what it will cost to upgrade a Z to look like an SS, you can pick aftermarket parts that will make it look even meaner. I passed on the SS upgrade when I bought a basic Z in '98, then spent far less than that differenceto get a great set of SSR 18" (rather than 17") wheels and new, really meaty tires, a fiberglass, ram air hood that looked very mean and really worked (.1 in the quarter), a new shifter, and a really nice cat back swith tips that looked better than the SS's and a richer sound, and I had money left over for a set of real headers.

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

Personally we own a SS (2002 #10354) but I really like the look of the 69 Z28 badges on the fourth gen... hmm...

Thread Information