iTrader

1986 Grand National -FS/trade for F-body

1986 Grand National:

Has 86K orginal miles, documented, and has a good CarFax. I even have the orginal Window sticker. Car has not been modified except for new Hooker exhaust, A-pillar boost guage, adjustable waste gate, and K&N conical filter setup. Car is very strong and drives very nice. Very reliable and all orginal.

Options:
    T-tops
    Digital Dash
    Power Ant (still works, as well as the radio and tape player.)
    Pwr Everything

The good and bad:
    Car is leaking oil around the rear-main or intake gasket. It is not a big deal, and will only leak under boost, easy fix, again it is 20yrs old and the orginal gaskets are getting old. I have already replaced the valve cover gaskets. Besides that, the car does not use oil or smoke. Very strong engine that just needs some freshing up. Turbo is in great condition and spools quick, up to 15psi.

No rust on the car or undercarriage, it has the undercoating,, but, the drivers door does have rust but I have a GN door to replace it (door is nice with glass in it as well, just mount and paint). Everything else is solid and no surface rust. - I have numerous pics -

The interior is near perfect, the best feature of the car. Very clean and well kept, only bad spots is cracking steering wheel (sun and age) and 1 hole in the drivers seat abut the size of an erasor head. Car is a non-smoker, and the hole was created from the inner spring pushing up in the top corner. I have pics.

Everthing works except window washer pump and cruise control is sporadic. I had a new heater core put in and AC works good, had it converted last year.

The body is very nice and straight. Paint is good on the sides and back, but the hood and roof is fading and begining to spider web, because of age and sun. It will need a paint job, orginal paint is showing its age, but it sill looks good from 5-ft. The 3.8 emblems on the hood are missing the 3.8, but I have 2 new ones OEM in the box. T-tops don't leak under rain, but the windows will leak under car wash pressure. The car has brand new Tires and shocks, only 1K miles on them.

I have really enjoyed this car, but I am thinking I want something new, like a F-body of some sort, so I am seeing what kind of response I get. Again, this car has been really taken care of over the years and is highly collectable and will not go down in value. I have another Turbo Buick so want something different to add to the collection. Orginal owner was a female, so the car has not been ragged out from racing all of the time. I did take it to the track last year, and ran a 8.85 in the 1/8 mile. I have put 4K miles since I have owned the car. I know I am missing stuff, so please ask by posting questions. If you are interested, plz post your email address and I will send pics and the VIN number of the car. I will take $9800.00 for the car or trade for nice F-body that I like.

I am located in Western Kentucky.

iTrader

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Nice car man. I'm happy w/ my T/A but definitely a nice ride. Good luck.

iTrader
    Thanks.... can't believe nobody is interested? I guess you guys are hardcore F-body owners... but a little bit of G-body is good too.... lol...

iTrader
    The Oil leak mentioned before was actually the Intake Gasket (orginal). This will be fixed this week. Once this is done, the car will be 100% mechanically sound and very strong. Again, this car has not been ragged out, like some of the GNs you see after a hard life of racing all the time. I have also had the transmission fluid and filter changed. The transmission shop found no metal flakes or any issues at all. Also, this car will never go down in value. Still asking $9800.00.............

iTrader

Black
    1987 Buick Grand National

Bump for ya being a G-body owner~!

Car looks really nice. I was also torn between the WS6 or GNs. Cant go wrong with either, but a low mileage car come my way before a nice Fbody.

Good luck with your pursuit.

iTrader

blue
    2001 trans am

if i dident owe any money on my car i would trade but i still owe

iTrader
    Drove the car this weekend, runs like a champ. Oil leak fixed, it was the Intake gasket. Exact mileage is now 86671........ $9800 or trade for nice F-body of equal or lesser value.

iTrader

black
    1997 trans am ws6

1997 trans am ws6 original km its black on grey leather 17in polished ws wheels full loaded 50,000 km 35,000 miles very very clean spent over $6,000 in competion sound system 7in alpine foldout monitor subs amps dont drive in rain very much i might trade with cash ontop i can email pics
    Last edited by bxuereb; 04-03-2006 at 04:24 PM.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by bxuereb
    1997 trans am ws6 original km its black on grey leather 17in polished ws wheels full loaded 50,000 km 35,000 miles very very clean spent over $6,000 in competion sound system 7in alpine foldout monitor subs amps dont drive in rain very much i might trade with cash ontop i can email pics
    Hi,
    Thanks for the offer. I really don't need the 6K speaker system, but the stock system would be good enough for me. So if you keep the speaker system, I can trade you even up. I checked KBB.com private party value in excellent condition and it comes up to $9500.00..... If you are still interested, send pics and I will send you pics. The other problem is distance. I can not spend any money on shipping, so we would need to figure out what to do. Thanks...

iTrader

black
    1997 trans am ws6

i dont think i can let it go that cheap i have had a few gn s and a couple of t-types for me to trade straight up its got to be mint mint because the stereo is not coming out of the car.my last gn was all original with 46,000km and i sold it for $14,900 ca and u could eat off the bottom of the car, but it will most likly u will sell it.its a grand national there are hot cars and everyone know that .good luck
    Last edited by bxuereb; 04-04-2006 at 11:56 AM.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by bxuereb
    i dont think i can let it go that cheap i have had a few gn s and a couple of t-types for me to trade straight up its got to be mint mint my last gn was all original with 46,000km and i sold it for 14,900 and u could eat off the bottom of the car, but it will most likly sell its a grand national there are hot cars good luck
    Good Luck to you as well.

iTrader
    Exact mileage is now 86801.....

Price Reduced to $9400.00 - firm

Trades? Must be close to West Ky though....

iTrader

white
    1999 Trans am

trade for the 1972 oldsmobile cutlass in my pic...with a rocket 350 C.I., matching #'s, pearl white, black stripes, black vinyl top, 17" cragar SS wheels, 3 speed auto, bucket seats, black and white interior (decent shape), the car has 76K miles on it, and has only had about 150 miles put on it since the new driver side rear 1/4 panel, wheels, tires, rear bumber, vinyl top, and paint.... if interested i have MANY pics and i would like some pics also... williamsc_07@hotmail.com

iTrader

white
    1999 Trans am

but i also have a 1999 artic white T/A, 89K miles, flowmaster exhaust, A4, carfax, i will trade but i owe $11,000 for the T/A

iTrader
    Pics sent to your email. Nice Cutlass, but I am more interested in the TA.

iTrader

BLACK
    2000 Camaro ss

where were you in Jan

Sold my 2000 ss black m6 car for 10,500. I miss it Now!!!!

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerss
    Sold my 2000 ss black m6 car for 10,500. I miss it Now!!!!
    ? Hmmm,, to bad.... ?

iTrader

Red
    1995 Camaro Z/28

Nice car, I have a red 98 trans am M6 w/ 56,000 miles on it I would trade you if you can come up with a little extra cash, like $1000. I live in North Iowa and can meet in south Iowa. PM me with your e-mail and I'll send pics if this sounds at all interesting to you.
    Last edited by kdstang; 05-10-2006 at 12:45 PM.

iTrader
    Kdstang,
    Email sent.....

Boosted Foolz
    iTrader

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

i might consider a trade, i have a 1998 formy, with ttops and all the goodies , A4 trans recently rebuilt... no problesm at all. i live in NY tho so ur a little ways away, if u still wanna consider my email is x_98_formula@yahoo.com

Thread Information