Green
    1994 Camaro, 3.4L, 5Spd

Needing help with overhall

Ok, I figured this would be the perfect place to come to ask.

I currentley have a 94', 3.4L, v5 with the 5 speed, no t-tops.
    I can't afford to insure a T/A or z28...it already costs me over $220 a month for a 3.4 v6.. so i wanna swap in a bigger motor, along with do a entire suspenion upgrade to handle it. Along with brakes and all.But i wanna do something out of blue, something not many people do. I was thinking Chevy 350, carberated, supercharged, cammed, and whatever else. but, unfornetley it has to be my daily driver. And as far as suspension and brakes...i have no clue.

So thats where i come to ya'll...what should I get?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

you'd probably spend the same amount just buying a Z28 and spending more on insurance.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by evilhaserrors View Post

So thats where i come to ya'll...what should I get?
    Get a Vette. Vette insurance is typically less than Fbod insurance.

If you don't me asking, how old are you?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Why is it costing so much to insure yourself?

Green
    1994 Camaro, 3.4L, 5Spd

Well, im 16.

My mom got into a accident last month, totaled her car. (05' malibu maxx)
    my dad got into one about 2 months ago, in our 05' sierra hybrid...that raised it more..damage wasnt that bad to the truck, but it totalted the honda accord that hit him..
    my brother has had 4 speeding tickets in the past year, so im kinda screwed.

I called them again today, it would cost almost $195 MORE ontop of what i pay now to insure it. Plus, i'm one of those 'hands on' guys, that would rather build it than buy it. And plus, i have a part time job at cvs so money is tight from time to time, and my parent's dont buy me $(!@. I buy and insure it myself..of course, through my parents but, still. lol

And plus, we have a 73' corvette, 05' sierra, 94' cadillac devlle, 06' harley 883r, 94' camaro and a 96' miata on the plan..so its rather pricey. I'd rather buy a vette or ws6,but i cant....itsucks, because im the only one in the family that can drive wortha damn too. lol (I race formula500's and autocross my friends c5 z06.)

Any suggestions?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I say just wait and don't get into any accidents. your insurance will go down and you'll be able to afford a Z28.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

that sucks about your insurance. wait until you are 18 and can get your own insurance. just make sure to keep your driving record clean and you will be surprised how much cheaper it will be with a few years driving experience.

Green
    1994 Camaro, 3.4L, 5Spd

Yea, i will. But for the most part, i want to make this fun for the time being...you know how boring a 3.4 is??? lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by evilhaserrors View Post
    Yea, i will. But for the most part, i want to make this fun for the time being...you know how boring a 3.4 is??? lol
    I drove a VW van with 60 horsepower, now that was boring. haha

Green
    1994 Camaro, 3.4L, 5Spd

Haha. Ya, ya'll right. I'll just keep saving up, because now that i think about it, the less money i spend on this, and the more money i save, the better the T/A i can get.. =D

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

not to mention that a '95 with a swapped in engine would be really hard to sell. you wouldn't get your money back at all.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

What all the above guys have said. Looks like you'll just have to wait awhile *sigh*.

I know it sounds corny but it's true: Good things come to those who wait (and plan!).

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

If you really race Formula 500 and autocross a z06 what do you need a fast street car for?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS Vert

Im in the same boat as you. Im 27 with 3 kids and a house and my insurance is high. I have a 2000 camaro 3.8 and I just took it out and bought a wrecked 2002 camaro LS1. I'm swapping out everything. I bought the car off of iaai.com and you can get a pretty good deal if all you're looking for is drivetrain. Keep in mind that your gonna need- Motor, tranny, subframe driveshaft, rear end, computer, engine wiring, x member, fuel pump, radiator. Just to name a few. With alotta shop hours and some computer time cross referrencing parts it should work. Good Luck!!!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

i have a part time job at cvs so money is tight from time to time, and my parent's dont buy me $(!@. I buy and insure it myself..of course, through my parents but, still. lol
    well im 19 and i was in the same boat u are in except i just couldnt afford to buy a fast car, so i made one.
    I bought a 98 grand prix GTP for cheap and put about $700 in it and i could at least keep up with stock LS1 F-bodies if not beat them. It was all I could afford at the time, but it was cheap and fun. they usually come with heated leather, HUD, and of course superchargers. Insurance on that car was $100 a month.

buy something that will keep your addiction at bay for a while until u can afford a real car

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Not too mention are you going to be able to keep it legal by putting a carber motor in it? What about emissions? Don't invest anything into the car you have now, it won't be worth it. If you just save your money you can buy a cheap LS1 in the future, put a little dough into it and have a very fast car...If you do decide to do the swap good luck.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I have to agree with everyone on here. I drove a beat down '92 Beretta GT and I put money into it that I could not afford. My dad totaled the car and I sold it as scrap for $100.00 to a junk yard.

Please just save up, drive something that can get you by and build a good driving history so when you get on your own policy you can have a better financial outlook. I've actually stopped building my car up to save for a C6Z in a few years. I know the LS1 is worth the $ but I just gotta have the LS7... Being patient and greedy is hard.

Green
    1994 Camaro, 3.4L, 5Spd

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby97SS View Post
    If you really race Formula 500 and autocross a z06 what do you need a fast street car for?

The speedin addition isn't a weeked only thing...

If you drove a REALLY slow fbody, and was in a group of about 30 people that have LS1's...and your the ONLY v6...you'd see why. lol

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

worst case, buy a used 3.4l and get it rebuilt, and get your exhaust done. my brother and i both have 3.4l. he wrecked his maro, i took his engine and its getting rebuilt. headers and cat back are on their way. every little bit helps and that should suffice till i can het a hold of an ls2. play with what you got. you cant get carried away with what others have.

Thread Information