Blue
    2002 Z-28

Which TC to go for?

Its my DD and I dont plan on modding the crap outa it, So far just lid, catback, headers, and maybe a mild cam in the future with a dyno tune of course. Thunder racing recomended a 2800 stall. seems kinda low to what guys on here like. I do Mostly city driving so... I dont wana kill my MPG, just wana teach a lesson to some local Ford guys Also Should I go with TCI or what?

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

i have a tci 3200 stall speed and it realy woke up the car off the line, now if i could only figure out how to make the car hook

Blue
    2002 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastgto View Post
    i have a tci 3200 stall speed and it realy woke up the car off the line, now if i could only figure out how to make the car hook
    Well... heres my concern, Im not at a strip every weekend and street tires are stayin on it so.... what good is launching at 3200-3600 going to do me if I cant find traction even now stock?... will I still see a performance increase?

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 02bluez28 View Post
    Well... heres my concern, Im not at a strip every weekend and street tires are stayin on it so.... what good is launching at 3200-3600 going to do me if I cant find traction even now stock?... will I still see a performance increase?
    hell yeah, you'll see a performance increase off a roll too. i have a traction problem as well but hopefully i fix it with these new slicks i got

Blue
    2002 Z-28

How do you like the TCI? I hear they are a little looser then some others, how is the 3200 for D driving. Did you notice a big drop im MPG with yours? Thanks again for the help man.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I would not go any lower than 3K on the stall.

You should beef up the rear suspension with LCA's, Torque Arm and Subframe connectors.

SteveC

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 02bluez28 View Post
    How do you like the TCI? I hear they are a little looser then some others, how is the 3200 for D driving. Did you notice a big drop im MPG with yours? Thanks again for the help man.
    alot of ppl just talk shit cuz they hear other ppl talk shit, TCI is a good converter. i say go with TCI but every ones car takes to diff things, no less than 3000 stall speed. my converter is good with dd and not to bad on gas if i you baby it but who does its an LS1 and i like to play with mine

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

ive used tci converters in 3 different cars.
    anytime a stall is loose feeling its because its a low STR. all the converter companies have low STRs along with higher ones.
    i have a tci 3000 streetfighter stall and its tight. it has a STR of 2.2 1.
    its a great DD stall.
    it shave .6 tenths off my e.t
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Thread Information