Scabbedwings616 scabbedwings616's Avatar

black
    2001 corvette

tires and longevity

i was wondering which tires are the best for the rears. i am looking for ones that will last the longest. i know it all depends if you you do burnouts but if you do them on occasion which ones will last the longest. thanks for the input....

red, silver
    97 and 01 vettes

oem's do fine for me..........

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

unfortunetaly theres a trade off- the tires that are considered higher quality/sticky/quieter tend to last shorter (though there are exceptions). Ive heard the cheaper/ harder rubber may last longer, but may be a little rougher of a ride. it depends on what you are planning to spend. Plus theres run flats/non runflats. on the more expensive side, eagle f1 gsd3's constantly get top ratings. ( I want those next) but you could also go all the way to sumitomos or explain UPs (dirt cheap). it really depends on what type of driving you plan on doing

Scabbedwings616 scabbedwings616's Avatar

black
    2001 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post
    unfortunetaly theres a trade off- the tires that are considered higher quality/sticky/quieter tend to last shorter (though there are exceptions). Ive heard the cheaper/ harder rubber may last longer, but may be a little rougher of a ride. it depends on what you are planning to spend. Plus theres run flats/non runflats. on the more expensive side, eagle f1 gsd3's constantly get top ratings. ( I want those next) but you could also go all the way to sumitomos or explain UPs (dirt cheap). it really depends on what type of driving you plan on doing
    i do alot of city driving but am going to be going on alot of drives to pa from boston and would like something to last more than 4 monthgs...i have goodyear run flats on my car right now but i am not to sure how long they were on there. i have 52k on my car right now and not to sure if they are original. could the be original? how long do run flats last if you dont spin the tires at all...are they like regular cars and rated at about 60000 miles or are they less....

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

The runflats though typically more expensive, i think should last longer. I would seriously doubt it if there is 52K on a set of run flats unless, you and the person/people who drove your car before you did absolutely no burnouts and no hard cornering. More likely your cars probably had 2 sets with 26k each, with some spirited driving and burnouts. EG unless MAYBE if it was grandma's vette. my car has OEM front (eagle f1 runflat) with about 19K miles of spirited but also a ton of freeway driving. The front is really starting to get worn down. The back? pfft I have replaced with f1 supercars (285s)... great tire performance wise and much cheaper than the runflats (250 each instead of 450 each) and they perform much better in every category because they are not RF (lighter, softer, much stickier, smoother ride and quieter). Just make sure if you are like me and you get rid of your runflats get a AAA gold membership (100 miles free towing on flatbed), small pump and tire patch kit. Most likely you wont need it but just to be safe. I have all three.
    hope all that helps -ant

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i run toyo 295's in the rear model t1r, seem not too expensive, currently have 15k of mixed miles on them and they still have half tread left, with excellent traction,

couldnt be happier, i will never buy any other tire,

look into them i am sure you will be as ecstatic about them as i am.

btw i have been too the track on them probably about 15 times, lol

Thread Information