10 sec. club

550rwhp Unlocked
    '05 GTO

My GTO got 2 kills today. 1) Skyline 2) 04 gto

Well.. Today was an interesting day. My friend and I were hanging out with the AZ Power and Sound guys at the dyno tonight. My friend came up with the idea of getting drinks for us at the gas station. Of course.... he would be driving my car. lol

Anyway, I get a call from him 10 minutes later. " DUDE! I just killed a Skyline!!", he said. He spoke to the driver of the 1995 Skyline. Fresh off the boat from Japan. Right hand drive with paper tags on it still.

They went from a dead stop and the skyline got pulled pretty hard.

They went again from a 25-30mph roll... and pulled hard again up till about 80 when the skyline finally started gaining on the lengths put on him. 80 was fast enough on the road they were on. lol This was N/A. no nitrous..bottle was empty.

After the fun at the dyno and me filling my N20 bottle we headed home.
    At the intersection of Baseline/Rural a good lookin blue 04 with some aftermarket wheels hit the red light as we did.
    Light turns green and we both start out... I hear his tires chirp a little through the intersection. he gets about half a car on me... enough for me to see his 04 exhaust. Then i hit the gas hard.... bottle wasnt warm at all.... but it was warm enough to put several car lengths on him quick.

Cool fella... I rolled my window down and gave a thumbs up.

1989 Mustang GT

nice kills and dyno #'s. Lucky, I've never seen a skyline not even at a car show. One thing, for me, it's a practice that only I drive my car....

black
    2000 ss

what i heard stock the skyline isnt impressive at all i think the hp is somewhere in the 200's if im not mistaken?but once you began to supe it up then its a decent competitor like any car you put money into but i dont think.. it would be worth all the shipping cost?

10 sec. club

550rwhp Unlocked
    '05 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JattGunMan
    what i heard stock the skyline isnt impressive at all i think the hp is somewhere in the 200's if im not mistaken?but once you began to supe it up then its a decent competitor like any car you put money into but i dont think.. it would be worth all the shipping cost?

for a civilian.. pretty pricey.

this guy came from okinawa... military guy. the most he'd pay to ship would be $10K

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

287 is the limit of hp in japan so car makers lie about power. its got probley 280-300awhp stock.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

add a boost control and its over for stockers. plus full exhuast. it makes me moist thinkin bout it.

MrMiracle
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty's05gto
    for a civilian.. pretty pricey.

this guy came from okinawa... military guy. the most he'd pay to ship would be $10K
    Nah, chances are he didn't pay a dime. Military will ship one car for free when moving you from overseas to continental US. I went to Misawa about a year or so ago. You wouldn't believe how many Skylines I saw in the on-base parking lot outside the dorms.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

They are great cars. Too bad we never got them over here.
    Boy can they make alot of power eazy, the the supra's.

The new one's coming and they say around 450hp and awd.

White
    09 G8 GT

Stock im actually not sure, its got the RB26DETT motor, its only a 2.6 liter dohc inline six twin turbo(nothin to laugh at) but the way that motor can be built up, with AWD, is rediculous

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

the RB26DETT motor has 320 stock horses...that comes with the newer GTR's such as the V-Spec Nurr version. You can also switch between awd and rwd with them :-D Its a shame you dont see any skylines in person.. we have a few older models in NJ prolly about 3-4 of 'em. they were at the huge meet we had a month back.

Thread Information