Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ride Fast or Be Last ViperSniper's Avatar

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Does anyone have one of these intakes

I wouldn't mind finding one for my 01 WS6 with red filters. Has anyone had any experiences with this intake, more HP etc?
    Last edited by ViperSniper; 12-15-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Last edited by Transcoupled; 12-16-2005 at 08:46 PM.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

I have it and did noticed a little bit of a difference, the thing I love about it is the filters are right there and you don't have to worry about taking the lid off and fighting to get it back on, and there are no more clips to worry about either.....
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

IMO it's the best looking intake for our cars....pop the hood and WOW! factor. Also like the clear or smoked lid, but Volant is my fav.

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

I have a similar setup in my Viper and was looking to install one in the WS6 and was wondering how everyone that had one liked it in these cars.
    here is a picture in the viper:
    thanks for everyone input

VS

delinquent543
    that viper looks fun to drive

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

I love it! I just need to get new filters. With the volant, a ported throttle body, and a hpp3 "tuning" I picked up a traction limited .2 in my quarter. I think I can get a lil more out of it.

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Transcoupled
    Those are great pictures Transcoupled, just what I wanted to see, have you noticed an increase in power? Any problems with shutting your hood?
    thanks
    VS

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

VS----I have the same setup and I can tell you there was no real SOTP diff. over an aftermarket lid setup. As far as shutting the hood I have a WS6 hood and mine seals fine, I added some AC foam under there to really seal the passenger side tightly to let no engine air in whatsoever

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Definitely feels a little stronger but I put that tb on at the same time. No probs closing the hood at al, I can feel the hood sealing against the foam. I would recommend it and I think everyone that has one would also.

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Thanks for all the information, now I have to find one, preferably used (fat chance) with red filters or add red filters to match the engine compartment.
    thanks for all the information everyone gave me, I am now in the hunt, if anyone know where their is one for sale please shout.
    thanks
    VS

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

As far as the red filters go, That's just the oil. If you use K&N oil they will be red in color, the Volant oil I beleive comes blue. And yeah good luck finding someone who is giving their up. I lucked out and found mine on a weekend when noone was on here and the guy sold it to me for $100 Great member and helluva nice guy. New they go for $275ish and even used peeps want $225and up

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

I got mine used of of ebay but www.southernhotrod.com sells the whole kit and the replacement filters. Probably a good idea to save it as a favorite so if you ever need new filters you don't have to search around.

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSniper
    Thanks for all the information, now I have to find one, preferably used (fat chance) with red filters or add red filters to match the engine compartment.
    thanks for all the information everyone gave me, I am now in the hunt, if anyone know where their is one for sale please shout.
    thanks
    VS
    Here's one for $175 which isn't bad. I paid 200 for mine. http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=volant
    This one is a little different, 150 plus shipping....
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ghlight=volant
    Not sure if this one is sold or not.....$110 plus shipping pink redish filters........................
    http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...t&pagenumber=2
    Last edited by Transcoupled; 12-18-2005 at 10:36 AM.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Good deals, although I wouldn't fuck with that one that has the FRA! on it

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Transcoupled
    Here's one for $175 which isn't bad. I paid 200 for mine. http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=volant
    This one is a little different, 150 plus shipping....
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ghlight=volant
    Not sure if this one is sold or not.....$110 plus shipping pink redish filters........................
    http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...t&pagenumber=2
    well I pm'd the first one, second one not interested and I think the 3rd is sold, if ya see anymore let me know.
    thanks again guys

VS
    Last edited by ViperSniper; 12-18-2005 at 04:33 PM.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I have the K&N FIPK2 intake on my '00 Camaro...I don't like it much cause it sucks in warm air from the motor but this intake you guys are showing me has that back piece to prevent that, I say go for it!

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    As far as the red filters go, That's just the oil. If you use K&N oil they will be red in color, the Volant oil I beleive comes blue. And yeah good luck finding someone who is giving their up. I lucked out and found mine on a weekend when noone was on here and the guy sold it to me for $100 Great member and helluva nice guy. New they go for $275ish and even used peeps want $225and up

Thats really just oil? I didn't know that, so if was to get a K&N recharge kit they would become red?

VS

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

I found a Volant intake on eBay a few months ago. It was missing the two main filters and the breather filter, but that was fine with me (old filters are usually beat to hell and I wanted red ones anyway). Paid about $100 for it and purchased new 7" filters and a crankcase breather filter from K&N (another $100).

It looks sweet! I don't believe it's a performance improvement over a lid and filter, but it's better than stock. Oh... and did I mention it looks sweet! Particularly in my red WS6 engine bay!!

BTW, the thin rubber seal around the box was designed to seal against a non-ramair hood. The thin rubber seal probably won't seal (or at least won't seal well) with a WS6 hood. I did the chewing gum test on mine and I had a couple of spots that had gaps. I ran down to Lowe's and picked up some brass pipe foam insulation for about $3 (it's gray and looks like those foam tubes kids beat the crap outta each other with). Measure off however much you need and since the foam is slit, it forms over the stock rubber seal great (looks like it came with the kit). It even has adhesive strips to hold it in place. My hood definitely seals to the box now.

Very happy with the mod!

Marc

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSniper
    Thats really just oil? I didn't know that, so if was to get a K&N recharge kit they would become red?

VS
    Sounds about right. I'm not sure about Volant's filters, but K&N's are kind of a gray color when you wash them with the cleaner that comes in the Recharge Kit. I would guess that if you washed the blue Volant filters good enough (maybe a couple times?) they would probably loose their coloring as well. Re-oil with K&Ns red oil and you're in business.

Marc

Thread Information