Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Post Debate for Power

Hello all,

This debate has me runnin after my own tail

The debate is whether to stay NA or go force induction, ie turbo (mainly this) / supercharged...

Now lets just say for all of us to sleep better, that we are force inductin a 5.7 350ci LS1, with all stock internals. With the proper tune and fuel system of course

The NA will be a 383 with all the nice trimmins. Aluminium Block with sleeves and forged aluminium pistons. Ported heads and a sweet cam to complete the kit...Lets not forget coated...

Now both setups are extremely drivable, and the vehicle is driven with a Manual transmission.

For those who are tight fisted, lets say the turbo kit will set you back $9,000, and for the NA you will have to cough up $7,000.

We are going for nice montainous windin roads, with the occational straight line.

So there u have it, we have set the battle field.

Your comments are of course welcomed....

For one you cant just answer this or that, it would be nice if you would justify why...

My preferance would be the NA. When you are racin with a nice Big block you get plenty of power everywhere in the curve, and on the drivin side you get a steady thrust of power. So when you take that corner fast, there are no surprizes. Additionally you can run synthetic oils, allowing the internals to get their thirst of lubricants quinched.

On the other end of the coin there is force induction...Now lets live in a perfect world and say you build up pressure at 2500rpm...God loves you...The upside is limitless punch in your acceleration, great milage when you are cruisin and the motivational whine comin for the engine compartment. The only problem i see, is when you slam on the gas on the corner, the engine cathes up then the turbo pours the power out, causin slippage at the wheels.

But that is my opinion...

What is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Hello all,

This debate has me runnin after my own tail

The debate is whether to stay NA or go force induction, ie turbo (mainly this) / supercharged...

Now lets just say for all of us to sleep better, that we are force inductin a 5.7 350ci LS1, with all stock internals. With the proper tune and fuel system of course

The NA will be a 383 with all the nice trimmins. Aluminium Block with sleeves and forged aluminium pistons. Ported heads and a sweet cam to complete the kit...Lets not forget coated...

Now both setups are extremely drivable, and the vehicle is driven with a Manual transmission.

For those who are tight fisted, lets say the turbo kit will set you back $9,000, and for the NA you will have to cough up $7,000.

We are going for nice montainous windin roads, with the occational straight line.

So there u have it, we have set the battle field.

Your comments are of course welcomed....

For one you cant just answer this or that, it would be nice if you would justify why...

My preferance would be the NA. When you are racin with a nice Big block you get plenty of power everywhere in the curve, and on the drivin side you get a steady thrust of power. So when you take that corner fast, there are no surprizes. Additionally you can run synthetic oils, allowing the internals to get their thirst of lubricants quinched.

On the other end of the coin there is force induction...Now lets live in a perfect world and say you build up pressure at 2500rpm...God loves you...The upside is limitless punch in your acceleration, great milage when you are cruisin and the motivational whine comin for the engine compartment. The only problem i see, is when you slam on the gas on the corner, the engine cathes up then the turbo pours the power out, causin slippage at the wheels.

But that is my opinion...

What is yours?
    do as much as you can bolts on first, get a good foundation full exhaust, heads/cam, pulley, gears, stall, new suspension, 12 bolt, then do a supercharger.. you should be 550rwhp at least guaranteed! and 12-14k less in your pocket... this is the path I am taking.. I don't have time to deal with the lag of the turbo nor the nitro bottle.. which u'd have to fill up..again and again,.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

NA is always the best as it is much less crap to break/tune/maintain etc. The bottom line is can you get the RWTQ/RWHP you need/want NA. My 408 is way past "what I need"...and I cannot imagine needing anymore....nor how I would get it to the ground...

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Question Sarge has Spoken

Those are very wise words...

People forget its not how much you can put down, its how much you can control...

Havin said that anyone have a nice aluminium 383 layin around...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would go N/A and then.......... If it's not enough and it does have good internals.... You can Always put a small unit on it, such a s a 75-100hp shot. The biggest benefit of the nos versus turbo is the nos is only putting wear and tear on the motor when racing or holding the button down. Turbo or super is always on.
    Theres my 2 cents.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

black
    1999 trans am

N/A all the way! <---- hey that rhymes

Thread Information