black
    2000 Z-28

Angry 2000 Z-28 =0 Deer+1 !!!!!!!!

I WAS ON MY WAY HOME TONIGHT FROM WORK,AND GUESS WHAT HAD TO JUMP OUT AND SAY HELLO? I KNOW NOW WHY DEER HUNTING IS LEGAL! I HOPE THEY RAISE THE LIMIT HERE IN GEORGIA. WELL I HAVE ALOT OF LOWER VALANCE DAMAGE AND DRIVERS FRONT FENDER IS TORN. ALL THE AREA OF THE PLASTIC FENDERWELL IS DESTROYED. HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR RIDES OR AM I THE LATEST UNLUCKY ONE? I DO KNOW THIS THERE IS ONE LESS 8 POINTER IN GA .... WELL I GOT THE POLICE INVOLVED FOR INSURANCE REASONS . AND THE POOR COP HAD TO SHOOT IT 3 TIMES TO KILL IT ... EVEN AFTER IT WENT FROM FRONT TO BACK UNDER MY CAR!!! NOT SURE WHAT ALL IS REALLY TORE UP TILL I GET TO WORK IN THE MORNING TO GET IT UP ON A LIFT AND LOOK AROUND IT. BUT THERE IS A VERY BIG PORTION OF ANTLER STUCK IN THE LOWER GRILL AREA UNDER THE CAMARO EMBLEM AND THE SMELL OF BURNT DEER HAIR IS NASTY. JUST NEEDED TO VENT !! NEVER EVEN HAD SO MUCH AS A DOOR DING IN IT TILL NOW VERY PISSED IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM LET ME KNOW! THANKS FOR LETTING ME RANT , NOW I DONT FEEL SO BAD ABOUT THE DEER !!! LATER PHILLIP

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

damn that sucks man. That cop must have sucked with a gun if it took him 3 shots to kill it. One in the head and it should have been instantly killed.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I drive a fairly large sized truck here in Washington for Frito-Lay, and each morning at about 3:30AM on my way to my first stop, I have to pay extra attention for deers, as they do exactly what you said...Jump right out in front of you!!! Trust me, with a fully loaded rig, and a slick highway, I don't even try to swerve to avoid the deers and chance going into the multi-million dollar homes that line the lakeside highway. So far I've been fortunate, but it's nerve racking to say the least. Hope all turns out well for your car.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

poor deer!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

hate it for you.....what part of GA u in ?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Sorry to hear. My buddy just hit a 7 point bull elk. He is lucky to be alive totaled his chevy 2500.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

ouch

Black
    98 Camaro

I have been trying to hit a deer for the last year now. I want an ss hood, and most of the front my car painted. So hitting a deer would make it a lot easier on me...but i guess they are just scared of the old Z 28.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Just last night me and the lady were driving back from dinner and she stood on the brakes because a doe was about three feet away from the front driver side. Once it passed she was about to go and then another doe came right behind the first! I looked behind us and cars were all slid up on the shoulder, etc. to keep from rear ending people! This all took place on a fairly urbanized area. I mean, fast food places and gas stations were all around this area.

We were lucky but I was very close to having my own deer rant thread!

Good luck, Phillip.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98camaro View Post
    I have been trying to hit a deer for the last year now. I want an ss hood, and most of the front my car painted. So hitting a deer would make it a lot easier on me...but i guess they are just scared of the old Z 28.
    LOL, never thought of it like that before!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by 98camaro View Post
    thats fucked up

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

sorry for your lose man that sucks real bad,

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

I just moved out in the country and I gotta say I've past alot of deer eating in the fields beside the main road. I've seen a few deer dead on the side of the road so when I'm driving home from work in the SS I am glued to the sides of the road. I'm freaking scared that's gonna happen to me. Glad your ok bro just hate that you have to go thru getting your car back how you want it, big pain in the ass.
    Far as deer hair smelling you should try smelling possom hair/meat. I found a live possom sitting on m fast 90mm intake one day. That was a mean mother. I covered the sides of my car so it couldnt get out and scratch my 1/4's paint and got my son super soaker and let em have it lol. He got wedged in my header till I cranked up the car and let it run for 3 mins. Bye bye possom lol.
    2001 SOM SS Vert 1 of 37 verts with a 6 speed. Kook LT's with cats, fast 90mm ported intake, Nick Williams 90mm TB, AFR 205's and so on. Tuning/installs done by Williams Performance.

black
    2000 Z-28

hey guys glad i'm not alone here... so far all i can find wrong with the car is alot of the underside plastic inner fender stuff a little tear at the side marker on the drivers side and a puncture in the nose under the grill insert from a antler. insurance is supposed to get it tommarow. i think it weird how these beautiful creatures can be so graceful in the woods and when they get on open dry roads they loose all since of being. i ve had close calls before with them actually running beside me down the road then darting into the woods so i guess my number was called this time. SPEEDADDICT1 I'M IN NORTH GA AS WELL IN CANTON AREA BUT DRIVE TO ALPHARETTA EVERYDAY. well ill just see what the insurance company tells me. i hope after what heard today is not true alot of insurance companies are using after market parts weather you want them or not ... and depending on mileage and age of car. they decide to fix it or total it depending on value of car ? ill let you know what they say on my car soon as i know .. later guys thinks for the feedback phillip.
    Last edited by phillip wigington; 12-13-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: my spelling was very bad lol

Pewter
    02 Z28

that sucks dude my brother hit one of them last year
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

NBM
    99 TA

gotta scare em off like this lol

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^

thats u?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Go to this thread, and realize how much worse it could have been.... about halfway down, post 1686 if i remember right http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...er#post1181204

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    ^

thats u?
    i filmed it, my buddy was driving.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Click for full size

gotta scare em off like this lol

MAN THATS FUNNY