Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Exclamation went to track last night LOL

I had this planned for a while now, to go to the midnight drags here at RMR, went down around 9pm, the wife was working so she came down later and she brought my truck, well I had made a few passes with the goat and the wife shows up, my last pass was against a 199? civic DX almost bone stock, he started talking shit because I beat him by like 2.5 seconds, (13.98-17.19) we are at 5800 ft. so easy on the flames, so I told him I'd get my truck and race him, of course he proceeded to tell me how this big heavy p.o.s. is slow and worthless, so I give him a helluva smokeshow in the burnout pit and I seen him looking like oh shit, ya know, anyway my reaction time was .45 to his .78 I ran a 16.45 to HIS 18.67, BTW my truck is a 1998 dodge ram quad cab 4x4, lifted with 35in. tires, 18in. rims, it does have a modded V10 with 4.56 gears and a locker.
    But anyway the guy was pissed and called me out in the pits, I was gonna throw down to. but the police stopped him before he could get to far, who gets so mad over a race? it's all in good fun win or lose right?

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

That's funny, some dudes need to be embarrassed like that.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    I had this planned for a while now, to go to the midnight drags here at RMR, went down around 9pm, the wife was working so she came down later and she brought my truck, well I had made a few passes with the goat and the wife shows up, my last pass was against a 199? civic DX almost bone stock, he started talking shit because I beat him by like 2.5 seconds, (13.98-17.19) we are at 5800 ft. so easy on the flames, so I told him I'd get my truck and race him, of course he proceeded to tell me how this big heavy p.o.s. is slow and worthless, so I give him a helluva smokeshow in the burnout pit and I seen him looking like oh shit, ya know, anyway my reaction time was .45 to his .78 I ran a 16.45 to HIS 18.67, BTW my truck is a 1998 dodge ram quad cab 4x4, lifted with 35in. tires, 18in. rims, it does have a modded V10 with 4.56 gears and a locker.
    But anyway the guy was pissed and called me out in the pits, I was gonna throw down to. but the police stopped him before he could get to far, who gets so mad over a race? it's all in good fun win or lose right?

of all the times that i've gone to the track... i've never heard of shit like this... every one at the track is cool as hell when i go.. even the import guys are level headed and live in the real world...

just about every one that goes is there to have fun and hopefully not break crap...

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

first time for me as well, and I've been going for about 7 yrs. but I don't know, apparently this has been happening quite often, because the police said that is why they were in the pits, there's alot of illegal gambling as well, and I think the guy that had tried to fight me had made a bet with one of his buddies, who bet on my truck, that clears it up a little, but doesn't justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX
    ...he started talking shit because I beat him by like 2.5 seconds, (13.98-17.19).
    Two and a half seconds? What kind of crap could one possibly shovel out?

Edit: Referring to you're opponent talking smack, that is...
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 06-24-2006 at 07:47 PM.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    first time for me as well, and I've been going for about 7 yrs. but I don't know, apparently this has been happening quite often, because the police said that is why they were in the pits, there's alot of illegal gambling as well, and I think the guy that had tried to fight me had made a bet with one of his buddies, who bet on my truck, that clears it up a little, but doesn't justify it.
    i take it you guys watch horsepower tv. if so you might have seen piedmont drag strip. well we had a guy get shot cause the other guy was messing with his girlfriend. its kind of sad cause it wasen't like the guy held a gun to her head and forced her but the guy got the blame and the bullet. we were only 20 yards or less away when he shot him and we never even heard it. i guess the cars and yelling fans were just to loud. as far as gambling goes we have it bad as well. you can easily see a hugh amount of people betting in the stands and see under age drinking and drugs being used all other the place. oh well we dont live in a perfect world , i am just along for the ride.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

well he really wasn't directing any of his comments towards the car, but towards me, the truck and my wife, and "jasonisdn" I was born and raised in nevada, so gambling doesn't bother me, nor drinking among spectators(adults), but I hear ya, some of the track environments aren't very good anymore, I think drugs have inhabited our track as well as minors doing everything they shouldn't be doing, but hey as you said we're along for the ride, I'm just there to improve my times and have alot of fun.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Just to add insult to injury, you should have pulled up to the line while talking on the cell phone.

Thread Information