Limerick, PA 19465
    (610)495-1700

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

ls6

i have this set up it is great.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

That is cheap horsepower.....dayum good price.....

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

just got my 22 lees then a month ago with alot of mods car is pretty fast.

blue w/white stripes
    1966 Mustang Fastback

I'm sorry for being a newbie, but doesn't the ls2 already have 400 hp exceedingly impressive hp or are you refering to 400 rwhp???

I'm sure it's a dumb question....and I'm just the guy to ask it.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

That's for an LS1. The LS2 already is an '01 LS6 for the most part. Same heads and cam but bigger displacement.
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by eric n
    I'm sorry for being a newbie, but doesn't the ls2 already have 400 hp exceedingly impressive hp or are you refering to 400 rwhp???

I'm sure it's a dumb question....and I'm just the guy to ask it.
    No dumb questions.....just questions.....
    The LS2 is not 400 Rear Wheel Horsepower....that is SAE rated at the flywheel 400hp....more like 350ish RWHP...the 04 LS1's were putting down 290ish RWHP

Silver
    1998 Z28

How much to have it Installed?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged
    How much to have it Installed?
    Any reputable shop should charge around 12-14 hours +/- and then a dyno tune.I paid around $2500 labor but also did the convertor/headers/exhaust at the same time.....

Galen
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    No dumb questions.....just questions.....
    The LS2 is not 400 Rear Wheel Horsepower....that is SAE rated at the flywheel 400hp....more like 350ish RWHP...the 04 LS1's were putting down 290ish RWHP
    HUH?!? The LS6 was also rated at the crank. Yes, the LS2 does have the LS6 heads, but I am pretty sure the camshaft is different (like anyone would go through the trouble of installing a stock camshaft). They also come with an different intake that flows worse than the late LS1/LS6 intake.

As far as bang for the buck, why suggest stock LS6 heads when you can get Patriot Performance, TEA, Precision Porting ......heads that flow much better for about the same coin. Heck, the new Dart heads are also in the same price range, and should rival or exceed the almighty AFR heads. If someone were patient, they could also wait on the LS7 style truck head designed for smaller displacement than the LS7.

Galen

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hey Galen...and welcome to the board man.....dunno if your an old timer or not...but welcome back if applicable
    I have the Patriot Heads/Comp Cam on the GTO now and they rock for sure....I am saying for this price it aint bad for the budget minded hot rodder.....complete package....with the Patriot setup...by the time I got finished with all the valves/springs etc. etc. gaskets and crap it was double this price....keep in mind this is offered not as the end all to top end mods...but a damn great budget mod that performs very well....

Where do you get that kind of pricing? from the guy in PA?

I can't find heads for less than 750 apiece

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

heads

i made a mistake i have the slp heads, cam and ls6 intake thanks jeremy

camaros4ever
    What is the lifts and duration on the cam, also do you have new lifters for the cam. Are these parts new or used?
    Last what is the gas MPG with this setup in the city and highway
    Thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Galen
    HUH?!? The LS6 was also rated at the crank. Yes, the LS2 does have the LS6 heads, but I am pretty sure the camshaft is different (like anyone would go through the trouble of installing a stock camshaft). They also come with an different intake that flows worse than the late LS1/LS6 intake.

As far as bang for the buck, why suggest stock LS6 heads when you can get Patriot Performance, TEA, Precision Porting ......heads that flow much better for about the same coin. Heck, the new Dart heads are also in the same price range, and should rival or exceed the almighty AFR heads. If someone were patient, they could also wait on the LS7 style truck head designed for smaller displacement than the LS7.

Galen
    Huh back at ya I answered the question of RWHP LS2...it is not 400RWHP...it is 400 Rated at the crank (no drivetrain loss)....I am not suggesting anything....Beans posted these prices on the net....damn good pricing...And for the record....My Patriot Stage II were damn near $1700 for the set...with this setup you get the cam/the works and the heads...
    EDIT...Sorry just noticed you implied ( or I took it incorrectly) that the LS6 and LS2 heads are really one in the same....I agree the LS2 heads begin life as a LS6 casting....but there are differences for sure...check out the port sizes/flow etc. between the two....a CNC Mill earned its money...
    Last edited by Sarge; 10-26-2005 at 08:15 AM.

Galen
    Sarge, if there are flow differences between the LS2 and LS6, that is info that you have that I have never seen. I do know they start life as 243(if I remember right) castings.

I still stand by the statement that, for the money, the LS6 head can be easily beaten if someone wants to do a little homework. The prices of heads have dropped drastically since you paid $1700 for your stage IIs from Patriot.

As for camshafts, I still feel there are better ones out there if one wants to research a little. Heck, I got my LG g5x3 on 114lsa for $250 used. Picking up heads around Christmas time and should have this thing rocking shortly thereafter.

I do appologize if this sounded like I was bashing Fred Beans. He gives awesome prices, and if you need to buy GM parts, you need to give him a shout. I needed some body parts, and the prices he gave me could not be beaten. I ended up getting them locally at my Chevy dealer here because of shipping(both price and handling), but without a quote from Fred Beans, I would have never gotten the pricing I got. I will definitely buy all my smaller parts from them without fail.

Galen

Black
    99 SS

to bad they dont make the conversion for the 98 ls1's oh well, ill just port the headds i got and save some cash.

What about the LS6 intake manifold? Doesn't work with the GTO, or already has it?

Realm

No '98!

I have a 98vert will the LS6 conversion not work?

Plus will AFR heads fit? Also whats the deal with the new Darts?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I dunno...this is the GTO section...doubt a fella could get many F-Body answers here....

Thread Information