Thread: need help!!!

RED
    2000 CAMARO SS

need help!!!

i just built my first cam only lS1. i am having some troulble tuning, i am short on cash and dont have headers is it possible to get the VE tables right. its still running 25 percent rich at 100 % ve (from 4000-6500 rpm). i tried pulling fuel but it dont seem to help. any advice? it runs pretty good but lacks good trap speed in the 1/4.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

I'll take a stab at this...

what do your stft and ltft tables look like during wot?

what timing are you running?

any KR?

4000rpm is where the MAF takes over (if your running non-SD), have you tuned your maf to make sure its reading correctly?

-Eagle

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    4000rpm is where the MAF takes over (if your running non-SD), have you tuned your maf to make sure its reading correctly?

-Eagle

RED
    2000 CAMARO SS

it has a slp mass airflow sensor it is tested to work. i beleive the max the timing gets to around 28. i am not sure about the other stuff you asked about i feel stupid LOL its my first LS1 biuld and i am trying to do all my self. i got a decent run it went 12.6 spinning bad. do you recomend removing mass airflow sensor?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

what are you tuning with?
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

RED
    2000 CAMARO SS

hp tuners, and useing a gm tech 2 to monitor other stuff

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

where are you pulling the fuel from? at WOT, it should be from the power enrichment table.
    Last edited by mrr23; 08-05-2007 at 08:29 PM.

RED
    2000 CAMARO SS

we are working mainly with VE tables. by changing the numbers on them then driving and seeing where we are. it shows how many percent you are rich or lean. i was told get it around 4 or 5 and the comp. will smooth itself out.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

above 4000 rpms. depending on throttle position (i think 80%), you enter the PE table. this adds to the VE table.

At WOT what are your LTFT's locking at ?? If they are locking on a positive # , then you are adding that % of fuel to your commanded PE table-If it Locks on "0" then it is locking either on a perfect 0 LTFT or a negative LTFT ( negative LTFT's always lock on "0" at WOT--I would speculate that the MAF table would need re-calibration with the SLP unit installed--
    Can be a touchy issue--many tuners swear by tuning fuel with the VE table and then many adjust fueling with the IFR table or the MAF table--I like personally to use the MAF table as the changes happen almost immediately
    When making big changes on fueling--i would also recc. using a wideband to safely set the actual AFR at least once then use that information to give you a baseline on your narrowband voltages for future small adjustments--

Thread Information