dark blue
    02 trans am

No SES light, pls help

Ok, let's see if anyone has had this same problem. I have a nice running WS-6 and it has been acting up for the last month. It bogs down when I first start it and it acts like it is not getting enough gas?? Then I open her up for a minute or less at WOT and then she runs fine the rest of the time, till I turn her off. Then when I start her up again the same bogging down, starving for the gas till I WOT at around 3K. The bogging down is around 1.8K to about 2.7K then when it is running good it seems fine, runs great, shifts fine and everything. I changed the MAF and cleaned the sensor around the filter. I changed back to a stock air filter, because the K & N oil filter did not do the MAF good on other forums with the MAF. before this started happaning I noticed the lock up did not engage right away on the auto tranny. Did I read something back there about the K$N, MAF and doing the tranny bad??? well like I say, now when I open it up, and it is doing good, smooth shifting and can't complain. but I can't keep revving around the neightborhood till she feels like driving fine, might get a ticket or something. car has 65000 miles maybe just a good tune up??

use a fuel pressure gauge and check the fuel pressure at start up and driving etc.Also check the batt voltage.

Also the TC won't lock up right away when cold, mine doesn't lock until I hit the first mark on the temp gauge - about 140* on a scanner if I remember correctly.

Thread Information