Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

HP Tuners=The Shit

Did a few things with the software. Adjust a few tables, A/F ratio, shift points, etc... and DANM did she pull up top. I took it for a spin just around my complex and i cud deffinatley tell a differance up top. I took off in 1'st and grabbed 2nd at about 4k and chirped the tires for a good time. Im sure the neighbors loved it Any1 who doesnt have it, take some time, learn about it and buy it. Trust me its the best $700 i spent on my car.

SSMOKIN_SS
    Do you know how much hp you gained and ss there a website or something you can link to this thread?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

http://www.hptuners.com/order.php
    certainly not cheap. But if you look at the long run, it actually pays for itself. This way after u get some parts, you dont have to keep going to a tuner and pay $300 for a tune. And after you get heads, cams, supercharger etc... the possibilities are endless...litterally

Red
    1999 Trans Am

u buy pro or standard? Thanks

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

pro

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

glad you like it
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

how long does it typically take you all to dial your a/f in after say a cam install? keep in mind i dont know anything about tuning...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

depends on how smart and lucky you are.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    depends on how smart and lucky you are.
    please expound from personal experience....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i'm not the smart one in that area. i've done some datalogging and played around with the VE tables with my current motor. didn't get too far. even tried some idle tuning. i've started making a visual guide for hptuners to give people an idea of what they are getting into with a full tuning suite. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49483

Pewter
    2000 z28

i saw this but havent went too in depth. any help is appreciated. wont do it myself, just nice to know alittle about. i dont have the minerals to put the fate of my cars tune in my own ridiculous hands...

Black
    2002 Firehawk Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Did a few things with the software. Adjust a few tables, A/F ratio, shift points, etc... and DANM did she pull up top. I took it for a spin just around my complex and i cud deffinatley tell a differance up top. I took off in 1'st and grabbed 2nd at about 4k and chirped the tires for a good time. Im sure the neighbors loved it Any1 who doesnt have it, take some time, learn about it and buy it. Trust me its the best $700 i spent on my car.
    where in jersey are ya from? Dont have the cash for it but maybe you could give me a lil tune... for "lunch" or something.

Red
    2002 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i saw this but havent went too in depth. any help is appreciated. wont do it myself, just nice to know alittle about. i dont have the minerals to put the fate of my cars tune in my own ridiculous hands...
    Just remember to not go too lean. Definately need a wideband for this and always check the knock retard so you can back off timing and not damage your engine. Not the easiest thing to learn, but definitely don't need to be a rocket scientist.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I have the HP Tuners Pro and IMHO, it is well worth the $. I love being able to custom tune all my vehicles at every stage of modding (I've done many mods over the years, mostly a little at a time).

Granted, it does take some time to learn, but nothing worthwhile comes easy. For some, it may be way over their heads; but if you have just a reasonable aptitude and some patience, you can learn how to use it.

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

I'm happy with my copy of HPTuners as well. It doesn't take that long to figure out the software, especially if your somewhat computer literate. But as indicated above, you can screw up your engine or PCM if you don't know some things. Like stated above, don't go leaner than 13.0:1 AFR (I've got mine set at 12.5:1). And I wouldn't attempt tuning without a wideband sensor, especially if your new at tuning. Don't try to upload someone elses tune into your PCM, start with your own tune a tweak it.

I gained about a tenth in the 1/8th mile and about 1.6 mph between my old tune and the new tune. The old tune was at 10.6:1 AFR, and both tunes were at 28* timing.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ditto, Get HP tuners + a wideband and hit the books. I tried at first to fine tune my car with fuel trims and it was a waste of time and gas. With a wideband you can do your VE table in a couple hours and get it dead on. MAF took a bit longer do to chasing a ghost in our logs but now that we know what was happening it can be done in 3-4 pulls in third. So once you get comfortable tuning a car well, will take you 4hrs or so. Not only that it will take less than a tank of gas to do it. At least until you go to the dyno and start adjusting timing and PE for a bit more for power.

I helped tune my buddies car over a weekend and it rides awesome. I finished mine this weekend and need a new clutch. But my buddy will tell you we got my MS4 to ride almost like stock. No bucking or surging. Once the clutch is addressed and I put bigger injectors in this car will be ready for some serious track fun.
    Last edited by Killer_bluebird; 05-08-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Glad to see your having fun with it!
    Support for HPTuners

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Kids....always use a wideband when tuning. Always.
    And yes HP Tuners is the best package bar none.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Thread Information