Silver
    Pontiac Trans Am 1998 LS1

Hazard Problem (Click, Click, Click) but no light

Hi.
    First of all I want to say sorry for my bad English.
    I live in Germany and I have a Pontiac Trans am 1998.
    The Preowner of the car imported it to Germany and in Germany it is necessary to have yellow turn signals. So how to do with a Treans Am with totaly red taillights. They just mounted a new lamp for reserve (driving backward) and changed the wires and the bulbs of the original reserve lights.
    this you can see on this picture.

I have rewirde all the cables in the correct way now, but there is one big problem left. I have no Hazard (warning light) anymore. Before this everything worked, but no it isn't working anymore.
    But when I try to start the Hazard, I hear the click click click sound out of the module very fast and after 1 second it is the normal speed. The wires I have checked. They are all ok.

do you know what i have to do??

thanks a lot and best regards,

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

check bulbs, might have one blown, it happens. try using turn signals and see if they work and see if they all illuminate when you you have parking lights on. The bulbs blow in these cars, its common and they can do some weird crap. Also make sure you install the correct bulbs.

Silver

Hi.
    I went down to my car to check.
    All bulbs work fine when I pull on the turn signal and the parking lamps also work fine.
    when i put on the hazard (warning light) i only hear the sound of click click cklick. The green arrows in the cockpit dont light up and the lamps also dont work.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I cant help but i cant tell you these cars have crazy light problems sometimes, more common with high mile cars. My friedns T/A when it hit 125k went crazy sometimes one headlight would work sometimes none sometimes only 1 brake light sometimes all. Maybe his car was haunted though. One of our friends did die in it so we blamed his ghost.

11 Second Club 11.34 bigboykilroy's Avatar

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

First go back to basics. Disconnect all the stuff you did. See if it works as designed.

Silver

OK there is one big problem in going back to basics.
    I forgot to wirte down what I did at that time, so I am not able to do this.

Look here

can you tell me where I have to check the wires if they got power.
    The Orange and the Brown go to the hazard flasher that I have seen. and the bron goes back. but whzere is this interuptinion in the diagramm. maybe there is the mistake.
    It must be the brown one. because normal everything works and this is the only thing that is not working

Another Idea is: The best idea would be if you tell me how it is possible to disconnect the turn signals from the break lights. because I am not allowed to use the original american way in Germany.
    I have to youse the tail parking lights for the turning signal.
    It would be very great if yu tell me which cable i need to change to have the tail parking lights for the turning signal.
    Last edited by Player87; 05-30-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Gold
    2001 trans am ws6

you should be able to run to the hardware store and get a flasher wire that you could splice into your wires right before your housing

Silver

OK Guys THX a lot for your Help. It works now.
    This night I got a wonderful idea. why don't change the hazard and the turn assembly. 10 minutes ago I did this, and now everything works fine.

Now I have my other querstion how can I split the turn signal from the brake light, because I want to use my tail parking lights for the turn signals.
    You know which wires I have to combine?

THX

primer
    65 nova

hello
    each tail lamp has 3 wires left is yellow,brown and brack
    right is green,brown and black
    brown =park lamps black=ground(earth) yellow=left turn/brake
    green =right turn/brake
    from the brake switch you will see a light blue wire which sends power to the high mounted brake lamp in your spoiler(air foil,wing) disconnect the light blue wire from the hazard/turn switch now find the light blue wire near your high mount brake lamp spice in 4 wires run 2 to the left tail lamps and 2 to the right. now cut the 2 yellows on the left bulbs and connect the light blues do the same to the greens on the right side bulbs now the red taillamps will be park and brake only

Thread Information