Jet Black
    1998 Camaro Z28 T56

NOT AN LS1 sorry I need help...

Hey guys I have a 99 Camaro Z28, and my little brother loves it, so he went out and bought himself a 1991 RS 5.0L m/t.
    He got it for cheap, because the clutch because his buddy said the clutch just went out (all of a sudden it stopped working). There is no pressure when you push it down, and it takes a good 20 seconds to work up enough pressure to pull the pedal back up. I don't think it has anything to do with the clutch itself, but with the slave cylinder. I have never worked on these before and I can't find a bleeder on the slave, I got a 'Haynes' manual and it sounds like these are 1 piece units... so my question is,
    "How do I bleed this clutch?"

Thanks for the help guys.
    ~mike

Dark Blue
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGibson View Post
    Hey guys I have a 99 Camaro Z28, and my little brother loves it, so he went out and bought himself a 1991 RS 5.0L m/t.
    He got it for cheap, because the clutch because his buddy said the clutch just went out (all of a sudden it stopped working). There is no pressure when you push it down, and it takes a good 20 seconds to work up enough pressure to pull the pedal back up. I don't think it has anything to do with the clutch itself, but with the slave cylinder. I have never worked on these before and I can't find a bleeder on the slave, I got a 'Haynes' manual and it sounds like these are 1 piece units... so my question is,
    "How do I bleed this clutch?"

Thanks for the help guys.
    ~mike
    I'll give it a stab since no one else is. It's the same principle as hydraulic brakes. You have a pedal which actuates the master cylinder with a hose or line running to the slave cylinder. On some cars it's inside the bell housing, not sure about yours. I'm thinking it could be an internal problem such as a pressure plate, which could produce the same symtoms you describe.

That '91 has an external slave that mounts to the bell. It is a T5 5speed trans.with a clutch shift fork that is actuated by the slave. There is a bleeder on the slave.

Thread Information