black

Angry Bad engine noise need help car wont run

I have a serious problem and dont know what to do. Here is my senario took my car to pik up a few things. Noticed my car was runnig low on gas so i put Mobil 91 octane inthe car. I usally use Sonoco 93, but because was really low on gas I put in Mobil 5 miles later I pull in to my driveway and my car sarts to sound like its running on 4 cylinders and has a extream knock. The car stalls. I try to get it running again but continues to just shut off and wont idle. I changed all the plugs in the car today wich were tr55,s and replaced them with new tr55 and new wires. Tryed to start the car again and still the same results wont idle sound absolutly terrible. What is causing this I only can think of 4 things bad gas, possibily wrong octane in the tanks @ the gas station, 02 sensor went bad clogged, fuel injectors??????? There i no SES light the car has only 18,000 miles on it and /app. 5,000 since the head and cam package

Mt car has stage 2 head cam package from cartech and tunning that has been in the car for app 3 years now. Never ever had any problems with the car till now. I am @ the point now where I may have to take it to the garage for the first time of its life. I als want to mention that have LS1 edit but no scan tool.

Any thing you can suggest??? Ever heard of this before??? What schould I do
    Cartek Stage II Heads,Comp cg 222 cam,Ported ZO6 intake,LG MAS, Magnacore wires,B&M Ripper,BMR strut tower brace,Cartek clutch,Eibachs pro kit,BMR rel.brackets,BMR pan.bar,Granetelli LCA's.Bauer TB,Carbon fiber FRC's,MBA shift knob,Optima,Crossdrilled/slotted rotors,BMR sub,Torque arm,Suncoast hood,ROH polished wheels,Goodyears 275's/315's,B&M Ripper, BMR tower brace,Superchips,harland SL

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I wonder if you sucked some crap up and clogged the filter? Have you checked the filter yet? Are you hearing the pump prime when you turn the key? Is the pump definitely running? Then I would check pressure at the rail.

Know anyone with a scanner? Bet there's a code set that'll help narrow it down.

black

no i dont have a scanner, you think it can fnd it even though there is no ses light on

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

I'd check your fuel filter first

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Take filter off and pour the gas in a clean container and see if it has water in it. Even if it is low octane gas it won't cause it not to idle unless it is really low.

NBM
    1999 SS

Make SURE all the plug wires are on ALL the way!!

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

how low did you go on gas before filling up. It is a know fact that if you go too low on gas(way past e) then there is a good chance of burning up the fuel pump since the pump uses the gas to cool it.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

my SS acted very similar when my battery died, it just up and died with no warning, I would also get the battery tested.

black

anyone tried to siphone the gas out before??????Not sure how ard it is with these cars

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

if it is the pump you can always do it this way

http://www.geocities.com/formulapower2/fuelpump.html

silver
    2002 TA WS6 A4-Vert

There was probable water in the gas, drain it, then change the fuel filter and put a couple of gallons of racing fuel in it. You should always try never to let you tank go lower the 1/4 tank even the good gas has shit in it and it all sits on the bottom of the tank.

black

Quote Originally Posted by caseyWS6
    There was probable water in the gas, drain it, then change the fuel filter and put a couple of gallons of racing fuel in it. You should always try never to let you tank go lower the 1/4 tank even the good gas has shit in it and it all sits on the bottom of the tank.
    Yeah i agree. I am going to drain the gas. Can I siphone it though?? Is this possible??? I bought a new fuel filter I am going to install that after I get the gs out. I wil go get 101 @delta soni probally goin to cost arm & leg that ok though as ong as I can get the car to run again

thanks for all the help so far I will keep you posted

black

ok I made the chnges tonight. I tried to siphone the gas out but wa unsucessfull. I also changed the fuel filter. after thr changr i tried to start the car. Same thing happened.

The only other thing I noticed tonight was that I had to pump the gas pedal to get the car to start and the only way it would run was to keep my foot in th gas as soon as I let of the gas pedal the car stalled. Does tis sound like th fuel pump??????

Thread Information