Thread: Catless

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Catless

Well as many of you know I blew the RT Cats out the back of the exhaust.....got the Kooks/MagnaFlow Cats....no go (fitment)...so did the broom handle mod on the RT's....was worried about gas smell and popping and stuff.....nope....no gas fumes...deeper growl.....loud at WOT ...all in all...damn good thing to do....just delete the rear Oxygen sensors and you "look" all legal.....glad I did it...screw cats man....

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

right on!:beer3:

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Its just not worth it anymore to gut cats. They flow so close to a straight pipe now. I'll take a loss of a couple HP to be cleaner.
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Way to go Sarge. I just straight dumped the cats.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Its just not worth it anymore to gut cats. They flow so close to a straight pipe now. I'll take a loss of a couple HP to be cleaner.
    Flow isnt the issue...we tried a few brands of high flow performance cats...they just will not hold up to the RWHP and the nitrous setup....and at between $300 to $600 a pair...it got old quick.....has nothing to do with flow.....

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Flow isnt the issue...we tried a few brands of high flow performance cats...they just will not hold up to the RWHP and the nitrous setup....and at between $300 to $600 a pair...it got old quick.....has nothing to do with flow.....
    Then I would say its a tuning issue. I ran a cat on my TTA, just one 3" cat. Ran almost 120mph with on, 121mph with it off. Never had a problem with it. With two 2.5 or 3" cats, it should take a little more power than the ~580rwtq I was pushing thru one.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Then I would say its a tuning issue. I ran a cat on my TTA, just one 3" cat. Ran almost 120mph with on, 121mph with it off. Never had a problem with it. With two 2.5 or 3" cats, it should take a little more power than the ~580rwtq I was pushing thru one.
    I agree with you Rob....they should last.....but I am not going to keep financing "should"

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Sarge, how much did you wind up spending on all those cats?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    Sarge, how much did you wind up spending on all those cats?
    About $1200 bucks...shame ain't it! Lemme see....99% of the pollution is generated when the car is first started and is cold...Catalytic converters do absolutely nothing until they reach 700 degrees......gee willikers wally let figure this out.....they do fucking nothing for the environment nor prevent nor minimize any pollution as the engines today and the fuels today do that already...Fucking tree hugging liberal Democrats....dumb asses...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I agree with you wholeheartedly about those frickin' liberal Democrats! What a bunch of nut-job looney tunes!

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    About $1200 bucks...shame ain't it! Lemme see....99% of the pollution is generated when the car is first started and is cold...Catalytic converters do absolutely nothing until they reach 700 degrees......gee willikers wally let figure this out.....they do fucking nothing for the environment nor prevent nor minimize any pollution as the engines today and the fuels today do that already...Fucking tree hugging liberal Democrats....dumb asses...
    I wouldn't go that far. Granted a lot of it comes being cold but far from not doing anything. Just follow anybody that is catless and tell me they don't do anything. Emission results will definitely show a difference.

The TA was the first car I played with running a cat. Everything before it was a cat pipe or gutted cat. If I could run that cleaner and not show a big powerloss, I'm all for it. 50# injectors and all the emission crap hooked up and still blow better results than it did two years earlier when it was still all stock...can't argue with that

Thread Information