Yellow
    2002 Trans AM CE

People with Pacesetter please read

I just got a new set of Pacesetter headers for my 02 TA. The fit was great, but I only had a spot for two 02 sims on the headers and none on the off road y-pipe. Is this right? Or did I just get a bogus pipe. I took it to the shop and they said they had to be there; thus, requiring them to drill out new holes for the back two sensors. The front ones came with some wire to extend them, I think? Does this sound right? I'm not sure because when I bought them all they said I would need is the 02 Simms. Any insight on this would be very helpful, since I'm going to be paying out the butt for the custom job.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I don't have headers or aftermarket y pipe yet, but dont get the custom job, it sounds like ur parts are the way they're supposed to be. Hopefully someone who already has pacesetters installed can help you, im just not totally sure...
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

red
    2000 WS6

The O2 sensors that were in your stock exhaust manifolds should get connected to the extensions and put into the bungs on the headers. I believe they are also supposed to stay the same side to side (drivers side back in drivers side etc...) Then your O2 sims plug into the wiring in place of your REAR O2 sensors. No need for anything custom made.

the pacesetter y dosent have 02 bungs, so you HAVE to use 02 sims...as for the front buy some extensions unless you plan on soldering the wire extension kit they give you with the kit, otherwise if you dont solder them, you will have skipping issues, misfires, etc....trust me from experience!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jb'sWS6 View Post
    The O2 sensors that were in your stock exhaust manifolds should get connected to the extensions and put into the bungs on the headers. I believe they are also supposed to stay the same side to side (drivers side back in drivers side etc...) Then your O2 sims plug into the wiring in place of your REAR O2 sensors. No need for anything custom made.

Yes this is how to do it.

Silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

Maybe this explains why I could be getting misfires and causing my converter to not lock. Basically I have extentions for the front O2's off the headers but I am running a offroad y pipe and the wiring that would normally connect to the rear o2's arent hooked up to anything. So I would buy some sims and plug it in to the rear o2' connectors that have nothing in them?

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Slow View Post
    I just got a new set of Pacesetter headers for my 02 TA. The fit was great, but I only had a spot for two 02 sims on the headers and none on the off road y-pipe. Is this right? Or did I just get a bogus pipe. I took it to the shop and they said they had to be there; thus, requiring them to drill out new holes for the back two sensors. The front ones came with some wire to extend them, I think? Does this sound right? I'm not sure because when I bought them all they said I would need is the 02 Simms. Any insight on this would be very helpful, since I'm going to be paying out the butt for the custom job.
    Dont let them do anything extra to your y-pipe, offroad means it has no cats, and no where for the rear o2 sensors to install, use o2 simulators or have them deleted. front o2 require the extensions you recieved, your stuff is correct no bogus parts. Most muffler shops wont install parts that wont pass emissions testing, its illegal to run exhaust that doesnt have catalyitc converter on our cars, that why they said the y pipe has to have the "holes" for the rear o2 sensors. you dont need them for you car to run good or anything its just an emission thing, hence the "Off-road" name of it. meant for not street driving but who cares take it to a performance shop, they are licensed to install what ever! No questions asked! hope you enjoy the new sound.
    Last edited by Wheeler99WS6; 11-11-2006 at 04:24 PM. Reason: forgot
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Thread Information