Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I made a video just for Wesman.

I'm not trolling by doing this, I want the facts to be known, I took time out of my life to feed the trolls so to speak. This in no way should be thought of as a way for me to sway anyone into wanting a car like this or even liking it, I'm just trying to show proof of:

a) the car is extremely drivable
    b) the car makes torque
    c) the car isn't gutless at low rpms
    d) that it doesnt sound THAT bad, although I can't prove that because it's a matter of preference
    e) not everyone driving an import is a ricer

http://media.putfile.com/wesman Just for you my friend, I don't do this for just anyone so feel good in knowing that you've ticked me off THAT much.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

atleast it doesnt have that wing...

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    omfg! lol, let the wars begin...honestly i give u both credit, wesman for stickin it to him that much and makin him feel that way...and 4tun8 for puttin that much effort into gettin your point, this is more entertaining than tv right now

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

i have to give you credit for actually taking the time to do a video like that, BUT i do not really think your video showed much. If you were killing a fast car i think your point would have been proven better, not just driving down the road. haha not trying to start shit so please dont get all defensive, but seriously bring it. show us what your car can do and not just down a country road by yourself....

oh but i do see the not all imports are ricers point. i think thats the only one you showed clearly...

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Ok im gunna go ahead and voice my opinion on this now. Most of you on here know of me and my car and i have a VERY vast knowledge of both LSXs and 4 cyl turbo cars. And the point is that WESMAN you are wrong my friend. That car is in NO WAY "rice" and i know what a 500hp AWD or FWD 4 cyl is capable of. Hell my car only made 260hp and 291 trq on no tune and no gas and i hit peek trq at 3k. Now if your opinion about our "ricer" cars is the way it is, than thats fine......but dont make blasphimous statements about things that you dont have the knowledge of or particularly care about.

Green
    1997 ws-6

your car seems fast. there is a guy down here that i know that worked on a kids car from illinois and it dynoed at like 890 whp. i like the evo's, i like most cars.. i know allot of guys that have v8 cars that are just as retarded as the so called ricers. not taking any sides. i have a fbod and love it but i wouldnt turn dow a 500hp 4 banger. i would like to see a vid of your car at the track or on the street racing a LS1.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

I made a video just for Wesman.

Just a quick question for the thread starter.....and how much money have you dumped into that four door to reach 500 hp? Also, is that flywheel hp or awhp?

Quote Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
    your car seems fast. there is a guy down here that i know that worked on a kids car from illinois and it dynoed at like 890 whp. i like the evo's, i like most cars.. i know allot of guys that have v8 cars that are just as retarded as the so called ricers. not taking any sides. i have a fbod and love it but i wouldnt turn dow a 500hp 4 banger. i would like to see a vid of your car at the track or on the street racing a LS1.
    you'll see a vid of me running him sometime in the not so distant future...if he's up to it. one thing i don't understand though..the dyno sheet says 420 hp and 373 torque....now jumping to 500? unless those sheets are old or you turned the boost up,etc?
    Last edited by cam02ss; 03-30-2007 at 01:56 PM.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Wow. All that over someone that disagrees with your point of view on an internet message forum?

Some might say that this is a sign of insecurity.

Personally....if you like your car....who cares what others think?

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Wow. All that over someone that disagrees with your point of view on an internet message forum?

Some might say that this is a sign of insecurity.

Personally....if you like your car....who cares what others think?
    ding ding ding! we hava winna!
    I have to say this to thread starter......This is how people like you get called a ricer! Someone says something on the internet, and you go and make a video to try to prove what your car is like. If your gonna make a video, make one of you beating hondas and such and you wont be called a ricer. I have been called a ricer for owning a stock supra so i know how it feels to be called wrongly a ricer . I wised up and bought an f-body so now i can never be called a ricer again.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

He merely proved his car isn't shit at low rpms. Also he got to 110 pretty fast....for a 4 banger

How can you prove that the car has reliable driveability without a time scan? You cant. Plus, not everyone will remember certain problems theyve had with the car or WANT to share those problems.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I'll share!!

10 reasons not to own a Mustang
    1. Crappy Build Quality- My door panels have fallen off
    2. Plastic Intake Manifold- Mine blew up on the road one day, lovely treat.
    3. A/C Evaportors- Prone to Destruction, be warned
    4. Gear Synchro's- 2nd gear *GRIND* 3rd gear *GRIND*
    5. Radiators- I'll be damned if it didn't leak
    6. Odometer- It quit rolling, mileage is now unknown
    7. U-Joint- When this breaks, your fucked.
    8. Gas Tank- Don't fill your tanks or you might spring a leak!
    9. Oil Dumpster- After high mileage keep a funnel with you at *all* times
    10. SOHC- Weakest part about that motor, DOHC is the way to go.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

pretty nice vid. i should shake your hand for takin the time out of your day to prove a point. personally i respect all cars if they deserve respect. and your car is definatly not rice, in fact, its nice. lol

I give you props man. I think the main thing people on this forum lack is respect for other cars. People dont have to like them, but if its fast, fun and non-ricey it deserves respect.
    I for one was never into imports (coming from an 89 TTA and 87 GN both 10sec cars) however I for one enjoy the competition, and the huge differences between companies that enable them to get their cars to perform the way they want.

I remember back in the mid 90s at one time period there were so many fast cars out, Chevy had the ZR1 vette, Toyota Supra, Dodge Viper, Mazda RX7, Nissan 300ZX TT and Mitsus 3000GT TT. I always remembered how cool all the cars were because they were so different, none of them have anything related besides performance in mind.

Diversity is what makes things interesting, imagine how shitty it would be if we all had the same motors, suspension, cars etc...

I for one say build what you have and like because its make makes cars so great, our cars our are version of a canvas, so that makes us all artists

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

i love evo's nice car man!

I did think it was funny that the link has weman's name in it.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    you'll see a vid of me running him sometime in the not so distant future...if he's up to it. one thing i don't understand though..the dyno sheet says 420 hp and 373 torque....now jumping to 500? unless those sheets are old or you turned the boost up,etc?
    420 awhp dosnt equal 500 at the flywheel??? dyno is at the wheels..u should know that..i call my car a 460hp car...puts down 400 at the wheels....VERY nice video...the acceleration looked very much like my car... that boost above 4500 or so im guessing sounded sick...nice video 4tun8...gotta get somone else in your car with u to hold the camera so u can show us what a 5k launch looks/sounds like..i know were all curious..........only thing i can say i DIDNT like was the low rpm " rice sounding" burble comin from your exhaust..that would drive me nuts but i guess the top end sound/acceleration would help me get over it.....nice car and u got balls to make a video like that and put it out on an fbody forum

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice car and u have guts like said above to put this on an fbody forum. Awesome video.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information