Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

how much is this worth?

i found me a car i'm interested in. without mentioning too many specifics i'm wondering what you guys think this car would be worth.

2002 TA WS6 6spd
    104,000 miles
    SLP loudmouth II
    MTI lid
    Strut tower brace

Car looks like it was garaged its whole life. the bird on the back is still bright red and the paint seems shiny. its a southwest car so you know it has no rust. Always serviced by the dealer. As far as i know the door panels have no cracks and the windows move fine. if it weren't for the miles i'd say its nearly the perfect car. of course i wanted a low miles unmolested original.... but if the price is right as they say....... i recently saw a very nice one with 80k miles sell for 8,100 and another that i actually called to ask about went for 9,900 which was the original dealer asking price.... not sure what it sold for though... the way the economy is going these cars with any significant miles are taking a huge beating. collectors want low milage cars and drivers want economical rides....... if it means saving a bundle i may be willing to go for the higher miles but again what do you all think its really worth?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

offer 10-11k

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

is 100k miles considered high for these? my neighbor has a 2002 z28 and he told me to stay as far away from anything over 65k as i possibly could.

1966 Corvette Coupe

unless i planned on tearing th motor down i would never buy an ls1 with over 70k...

-me

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

These engines will last a long time with proper care. Mine has 131k miles on it and one of my buddys has 189k on it. If it looks good and you see/hear nothing wrong with it then consider it.

I think its worth about 10k. (but I dont know how much they go for in your area)

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

i wouldn't give more than 10k for it with that many miles...

green
    98 formula

the miles on the engine isnt even half the problem. All those miles are on the whole car if its highway it should be ok but if not its gonna need several regular maint. items.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

our engines are fine at that mileage. things that could go wrong are AC, spark plugs, etc. if you get it, get a tune up unless it appears to have one. i didn't on mine with 70k and the spark plugs were bad which ruined the cats/o2s from improper spark causing it to run rich. people have driven these engines past 200k though.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

next question would be.... whats it worth if i have to ship it across the country? should 10k be the final in my hands price? if thats the case its lookin like 9ish will be my target

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

^ ship it? our cars aren't that rare. I'd find one you like where you live that you can actually test drive. That thing doesn't even have 1k in mods either. its nice, but not the only one out there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

well anything less than a 2000 or up WS6 with a 6spd is a no go for me. i had less of a hard time finding a good deal on my LSC 5 years ago!!! i may be willing to accept a 98 or 99 if the deal is just too amazing to pass up but my heart desires most a 2002 pewter WS6 6spd. if my memory serves me there are less than 1000 of those. who knows how many good ones are left today and how many of those are for sale in the near future.... thats why i expanded my range to include 00 and 01's of other colors. i just don't think i'd take a black one... it would have to be dirt cheap for me to take it. i hate maintaining black cars.... like the one i have now.... look great when clean.... for all of 5 seconds {sigh} oh well.

Thread Information