Admiral Blue
    1995 Corvette Coupe

FX3 Select Ride on a C4

I have the FX3 shocks/suspension on my '95 Corvette. I had them replaced about 18 months ago. I had the car at a Chevy dealer recently for a cooling system service and asked them to check the suspension because I had an intermittent "service suspension" code. I have been told that this is usually just an actuator connector problem. Now, I don't want to start changing $300-$400 actuators if I don't need to do so, but I will if it's necessary. But according to him, I need to replace a $1,200 module (plus labor) to clear the problem, and that both of my rear shocks are leaking. So my first question is: Should new Bilstein FX3 shocks already be shot when I have only put about 2,500 miles on the car since replacement? Second, should I just replace the actuators and see if that clears it up? Third, not that I don't trust dealers (especially this dealer!) but should I take it to a local Corvette shop for a second opinion? Fourth, please don't tell me I need to change that module!!!

Next Race= WSIR 2/26-27 SIK02SS's Avatar
    Too many

sadly, you probably need to change the module. i had a similar problem on my 96 seville sts. there was a $850 module that controlled the brakes/suspension/and somethin else that was causing errors...i had to change it

those shocks should not be blown already! if the shocks are blown, changing the actuators wont help that. yes, take it to a corvette specialty shop if there is one bc they would be more readily able to diagnose the problem

who replaced the shocks 18 months ago?

Admiral Blue
    1995 Corvette Coupe

Since I don't have the facilities to do it myself, I had my local mechanic do it. He did work for the local Chevy dealer and was knowledgeable about the system.

Thread Information