Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    00' Camaro SS, 03' z71

So.. got a sort of promotion.

Anyway.. a few months back. On december 5th I started my first "real" job.. aside from construction.

I am 19 years old.

Went to work for IBM supporting their laptops aka "ThinkPads" over the past 2 months. Anyway... apparently what I've been doing has impressed somebody somewhere, because they are moving me over to the TVT/Gold Support. Aka think vantage technologies.. which is IBM propietary items including Access Connections for wireless.. Client Security ETC. I also have to support "Gold" based customers who pay IBM to basically handle their helpdesk for them.

Anyway.. pretty excited and wanted to share. Don't turn 20 until November.. so hopefully in a few years when I really decide to try for a good job I will be set. Who knows.. what I am doing now might develope into something great.

anyone that calls BS can suck it.

A degree in Computer Science might speed up your journey up the ladder a bit.

00' Camaro SS, 03' z71

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    A degree in Computer Science might speed up your journey up the ladder a bit.

Or an MCSE by the end of the year.

BIGRED Z
    Congrats! And if we ever think you're bullshitting us, you'll know it because we shall start calling you GoldenComputerDOG!!!! LOL. He he. Don't suppose you ever heard from your nemesis eh? No death threats in the mail from when he was able to use all his police connections to track you down...

Lori

Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS
    Or an MCSE by the end of the year.
    No, I said degree.

I'm a 31 year old software engineer with certifications out my ass, making 6 figures, but it is always nagging at me in the back of my mind if I will somehow find myself fucked down the road for not getting a degree.

How nice would that be when I'm at the age where I'm trying to raise a family?

BIGRED Z
    No, I said degree.

I'm a 31 year old software engineer with certifications out my ass, making 6 figures, but it is always nagging at me in the back of my mind if I will somehow find myself fucked down the road for not getting a degree.

How nice would that be when I'm at the age where I'm trying to raise a family?
    You're only 31, go back and get your degree. If you make 6 figures, money's not a problem. (You're afraid of the gay people at college ain't ya ya big old homophobe!!! LOL, j/k Billy.)

Lori

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z
    You're only 31, go back and get your degree. If you make 6 figures, money's not a problem. (You're afraid of the gay people at college ain't ya ya big old homophobe!!! LOL, j/k Billy.)

Lori
    Yeah, that's why I moved to San Francisco.

BIGRED Z
    That was a reference to the other post. Didn't notice the locale till you mentioned it. Anyhoo, was just messin with ya. But back to the question, why not go get your degree?

Lori

congrats man. sounds like youre doing pretty good for yourself to be so young.

That was a reference to the other post. Didn't notice the locale till you mentioned it. Anyhoo, was just messin with ya. But back to the question, why not go get your degree?

Lori
    This thread isn't about me. Or a place to drag out the homophobe joke again.

Congrats Thacker.

BIGRED Z
    This thread isn't about me. Or a place to drag out the homophobe joke again.

Allrighty then, now that I've been properly chastized and all... But it was a thread about promotions, and degrees that might help get even better promotions, and I did specifically ask about you getting a degree. (See how that ties in?) Not about you and your personal life, I didn't ask for your phone number, or a date, or for your sarcasm as a matter of fact. But rest assured, I'll not make that mistake again.

Congrats Thacker, if I drew attention away from your much deserved promotion.

Lori

Congrats Thacker, if I drew attention away from your much deserved promotion.

Lori
    That's a good girl!

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Congrats Thacker! keep it rollin. And stay away from San Fran

Quote Originally Posted by TMF
    And stay away from San Fran
    And Colora-duh!

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

And Colora-duh!
    Billy, I don't think Colora-duh has quite the reputation as San Fran huh ? But I was only joking, fooling around, fukin with ya, SO RELAX you Patriot

Billy, I don't think Colora-duh has quite the reputation as San Fran huh ? But I was only joking, fooling around, fukin with ya, SO RELAX you Patriot
    No, I agree. It is amusing comparing the back woods of Colorado to the #1 tourist destination in America.
    Last edited by BillyT; 02-23-2006 at 12:48 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

No, I agree. it is amusing comparing the back woods of Colorado to the #1 tourist destination in America.
    Damn Billy, I thought a six figure metrosexual, like yourself would know more about our "backwoods", you know like Denver, Boulder, Cosprings, Vail, Aspen, etc. No thanks, I've been there, the weather sucks, you ought to try out 300 days of sunshine a year. Sorry about Hyjackin your thread Thacker, but as usual Billy's gettin aggressive, he's just not a very nice person.

Damn Billy, I thought a six figure metrosexual, like yourself would know more about our "backwoods", you know like Denver, Boulder, Cosprings, Vail, Aspen, etc. No thanks, I've been there, the weather sucks, you ought to try out 300 days of sunshine a year. Sorry about Hyjackin your thread Thacker, but as usual Billy's gettin aggressive, he's just not a very nice person.
    Do you actually live in one of those cities or the back woods as I'm guessing?

And yeah, I'm such a metrosexual: http://members.aol.com/BillyTFried/Bill_Guns.wmv

Right now for:
    San Francisco, CA

Sunny
    Temp: 63°F Feels like 63°

Right now for:
    Vail, CO

Partly Cloudy
    Temp: 28°F Feels like 20°

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Do you actually live in one of those cities or the back woods as I'm guessing?

And yeah, I'm such a metrosexual: http://members.aol.com/BillyTFried/Bill_Guns.wmv

Right now for:
    San Francisco, CA

Sunny
    Temp: 63°F Feels like 63°

Right now for:
    Vail, CO

Partly Cloudy
    Temp: 28°F Feels like 20°

Again, I must apologize for getting off topic, but let me continue playing Billy. I actually live in the foothills, about 30 miles SW of Denver in Evergreen. It's very nice, but probably to cold for you. And if you call 150' Pondarosa Pines backwoods, then yea, I guess that's where I live. Gotta go, the woods are callin me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information